Ahh Friday. We love Friday. And today is one big Love FEST day, so it’s even better. Like I mentioned before, the Kiwi and I are the most unromantic couple, so you probably won’t find us at a restaurant celebrating Valentines day. Ha! But we will celebrate with food. How about the most unromantic sounding stew ever… Teff and Beef Stew. Okay, it’s not sexy, but boy does it make a man feel loved! The way to man’s heart is through his stomach, yes?
[print_this] Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Soy Free.
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots and spinach (combined)
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Teff
- 1 cup diced Tomato
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 3-4 cups chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar or Braggs Aminos
- Optional toppings: Cheese, avocado, black pepper/sea salt/chili pepper flakes
Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and beef and cook until medium done. Then add in your garlic and other spices. I like to add a little balsamic vinegar or GF soy sauce to get the beef extra crispy, almost blackened. Next add teff and a little broth (1/4 cup) and stir for about 2 minutes. Then let it all simmer on medium low with the rest of your broth for another 20 minutes or so. You can tell once the teff is soft.
Last, add in your chopped veggies and cook until veggies are tender, but not too tender. Another 10 minutes or so on medium low. Add in more broth if you want it soup like. Top with cheese and maybe some black pepper or crushed red pepper. This almost tastes like one big hamburger soup with fixins! Delish!
Definitely a strange but good combination with Teff, but a must try! And if you are making it for Valentines day, pop a breath mint after, will ya?
Let’s finish celebrating with some other kind of love. Link Love! Haven’t done this in a while so thought I’d share a few from this week.
- A Valentines Day Heart Pumpin Playlist
- 10 Quick Ways To Show Love To Your #1 Valentine (And Its Not Your Significant Other) via Lifting Revolution (aka Taylor)
- Why You Should Focus On Friendship This Valentine’s Day via Greatist
- 7 Key to a healthy LOVE of running
- 35 Kick ass Partner Exercises via greatist
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cherry Brownies with Cherry Sauce via Sarah Kay Hoffman
- 20 Valentines Day recipes (Paleo) via Purely Twins
- Chocolate Cherry Love Bites via Delights and Delectables
- Decadent Waffles with Strawberry and Mascapone via Treats with a Twist
- Grain Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint patties (I posted for Corepower Healthy Valentines Day recipe)
Cheers and Happy Valentines Day!
LC (aka Wino Cotter)
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
I just saw that blue host is running a 50% off valentines day special on certain services. Click MY HOST button on the side bar for details! That includes site transfers if you are looking to switch to self hosted. It’s so worth it if you really want to take your blog further.