Leek and Oven Roasted Potatoes. Super flavor, healthy, and easy to make all in one pan! A gluten free and vegan side dish perfect for any gathering. Whole 30 friendly!
- 1 lb red potatoes or gold potatoes (around 6 small) – sweet potato or yam may be substituted
- 2 leeks (stem only), sliced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup olive oil or refined avocado oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove (1/2 to 1 tsp minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground pepper each (divided)
- 2 cups or more leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc).
- lemon to garnish (sliced and juice)
- herbs to garnish – Fresh parsley, thyme, or oregano.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash your vegetables.
- Cut off green tops of leeks. Next trim the root off the leeks, slice stalks in half and rinse well under running water. Cut leeks into 1-inch lengths (or less). I made them into small rings but you can also cut lengthwise and fan them out. Place into bowl of water to help remove sediment.
- While the leeks are sitting, slice your potatoes into quarters. Then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips.
- Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp or more black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss all together until all the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Lay out all the vegetables on a sheet pan. Spread them out evenly.
- Roast at 425F in the oven for 30- 35 minutes. Turn/flip potatoes half way through roasting.
- Remove from oven, set aside.
- Place your greens (spinach, etc) In a small microwave bowl with a tsp broth or water. Microwave for 30 seconds until greens are softened/steamed.
- Place your leek, potatoes, and onion in a large bowl with the remaining oil/seasoning from the pan.
- Add your steamed greens and toss all together.
- Add another 1/4 tsp salt/pepper on top to season. Fresh lemon juice and parsley to garnish.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container and place in fridge if not serving right away.
- Reheat for 5 minutes in oven when ready to serve.
Paleo friendly option – sweet potato or yam may be substituted. Cooking times will vary.
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 25.7mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pan roast, vegetable side dish, roasted vegetables, healthy side dish, oven roasted potatoes, potatoes