This keto banana bread uses REAL banana, and has no artificial ingredients. It’s a moist, delicious, low carb bread with turmeric for extra nutritional benefits and a beautiful golden hue!
- 2 cups fine blanched almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- optional: 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup golden Flaxseed meal (ground flax seed)
- 5 large eggs, at room temp and whisked
- 1 frozen small banana (thawed or heated, then mashed in a bowl. Keep the juice as well)
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp melted clarified butter or refined coconut oil, divided. Non dairy butter may also be used.
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (more if desired)
- optional topping – toasted chopped nuts and/or banana slices (omit banana topping if needed)
- Extra melted coconut oil or butter for brushing to top of the bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of an 8×4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and flaxseed meal. Be sure to remove any clumps that might be in the almond flour or coconut flour.
- Add the sugar, turmeric, and cinnamon. Whisk again.
- In another small bowl, whisk the eggs. Combine the eggs with the flour mixture, then add in the mashed banana with the liquid and gently combine.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and melted butter and mix gently to combine.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan. Optional: Add sliced banana (1/2 banana) on top. Brush with melted butter and sugar free syrup, pinch of turmeric and cinnamon, if desired.
- Place bread pan in preheated oven on center rack for 35- 45 minutes. If the center is not set, then cover with foil, rotate pan, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Category: breads
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice w/o nuts
Keywords: keto banana bread, low carb banana bread, banana bread recipe, quick bread recipe