Use coconut cream to make vegan frosting quickly and easily. It’s absolutely delicious, gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly!
- 13–14 oz coconut cream (cream NOT milk works best). Buy at least 3 cans in case one doesn’t chill properly.
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (ex: maple syrup or cocoa for chocolate). See notes for other sweeteners.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Any other add ins you’d like
- Make sure your coconut cream can (10oz) is chilled 24 hrs and you have coconut cream not milk. I always buy 2 cans or more of coconut milk/cream in case one can doesn’t form enough cream after chilling in fridge.
- Once chilled pour the hardened cream mixture into a bowl. Discard the water portion.
- Add your sugar and vanilla beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Mix in your other toppings last.
- Keep cool until ready to top on your cake/dessert. Super easy!
For sweeteners, you may use maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or even powdered sugar if you are not paleo. Swerve has sugar free powdered sugar as well if you’d like to keep this keto or low carb/sugar free.
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make coconut cream frosting, vegan frosting