Learn How to make Aquafaba for Vegan/Egg Free Baking in this Video Tutorial! Great for the holidays coming up ya’ll!
- 10oz Can of Garbanzo beans/chickpeas and strain the liquid
- hand or stand mixer
- optional 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Grab a Can of Garbanzo beans/chickpeas and strain the liquid
- Place aquafaba in mixer. Place on medium to medium high
- Blend but BE PATIENT. It takes a little while to whip up. Keep it going for about 10 minutes.
- It will start to get fluffy! See those peaks in video
- You can store just like egg white in fridge or freezer. Store in freezer in ice cubes trays to last longer.
- It’s recommended you add 1/4 cream of tartar for if you are adding to oil/fats.
- Add powdered sugar if you want it sweetened and to use a “whipped cream” replacement or froth.
- Use it in place of egg whites in baking. Or use the liquid reduced in place of whole eggs. See post for specifics.
You can use a hand mixer as well. Takes around 10-15 minutes at medium high speed. Keep holding it and moving it around.