Grain Free Hot Chocolate Brownies – 2 Ways
- 1 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3–4 tbsp mini chocolate chips -Enjoylife chocolate chips are vegan and gluten free.
- 1 cup chocolate almond or coconut milk
- 2 eggs (see notes for eggless option)
- 1/3 cup Hot Chocolate mix of choice (use cocoa powder if dairy free)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Topping – powered sugar
- Optional add in – few tbsp mini marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a brownie pan 8×8.
- Combine your flour mix in large bowl. Works best if you sift coconut flour to make it less clumpy.
- I’d also try to thin out the almond meal so it’s less clumpy.
- Add in your chocolate chips to the flour mix
- In a separate measuring cup or bowl, combine your milk and hot chocolate mix. Heat in microwave or on stove top.
- stir hot chocolate with milk until blended.
- Pour hot chocolate into flour mix and then fold in your eggs. See notes for egg/vegan option.
- Add in your extracts, melted butter, baking soda/cream of tartar, and salt.
- Mix until smooth or batter is even. Batter might be a little grainy due to almond flour.
- Pour batter into pan and spread it evenly into sides.
- Baking for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool and sprinkles with more cocoa, powdered sugar, or even chocolate sauce if desired. Dip into your hot chocolate and enjoy!
To make egg free, use 2 tsp egg replacer mixed with 2-3 tbsp water.
If batter is too dry, add in 1-2 tbsp coconut milk again.
For less sugar use real unsweetened cocoa powder versus hot chocolate but you might want to add honey in more chocolate chips for a little more sweetness but still less sugar.