Healthy and Delicious Honey Roasted Rhubarb Power Greens Salad! A vegetarian honey roasted rhubarb salad jammed packed with nourishment and bursting with flavor. Simple to make, vegetarian, and gluten free!
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb (about 1/3 of an inch thick)
- 3 to 4 tbsp honey (close to 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups leafy greens (like kale, swiss chard, etc)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 –4 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- oil/vinegar dressing
- fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop your rhubarb stalk into think slices (about 1/3 in thick).
- Toss in a bowl with honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay rhubarb flat on baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- In another large bowl. Toss your washed leafy greens, shallot, and carrots together.
- Divide into two bowls.
- Place half rhubarb on top of each salad. Then add in your sunflower seeds, goat cheese, and sea salt, and black pepper onto each salad.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and add olive oil and vinegar before serving (if desired).
You can easily roast your sunflower seeds with the rhubarb if you only have raw on hand. they will only take 5-7 minutes to roast though.