This gluten free potato bread is soft, tender, and full of plant-based protein. Make this quick bread recipe for a nutritious, healthy treat!
QUICK BREAD OPTION (yeast bread version in notes)
- 1 medium russet potato (275–300 grams) to be cooked. (see notes for precooked)
- 3 cups fine almond flour (see notes for gluten free flour option with yeast)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp dried seasoning or herbs of choice. Ex chive or basil
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- optional herbs and/or shredded parmesan to top
- Before you begin, make sure you have a baked potato or mashed potatoes on hand. You want it already cooked and with skin off and finely mashed in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease an 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- First sift/combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl or bowl. Mix in the onion powder and dried herbs. Make sure they are all sifted nicely together or not clumpy. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk your eggs and milk. Add the oil. Whisk again.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients, stirring gently until smooth.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix again.
- Fold in the mashed potato.
- Pour the bread batter into greased 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan. Sprinkle any extra herbs and/or parmesan on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until internal center comes out clean with toothpick. The top will turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving. The middle will be slightly softer than normal bread and needs to cool before slicing.
- Store in fridge wrapped in plastic wrap to keep fresh, or freeze in foil for up to 3 months.
- 1 medium russet potato baked = about 1 cup finely mashed with fork, no skin. No butter or oil added.
- Alternative (original) version with gluten free all purpose flour and yeast can be found HERE. It’s more of a sandwich style bread/texture.
- Category: bread, side
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 14.3mg
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gluten free potato bread, gluten free bread recipe, holiday leftover recipes, quick bread recipe