Sausage is a healthy paleo friendly breakfast. This air fryer recipe is perfect for a holiday brunch!
- 1.5 lbs ground sausage (chicken sausage or lean pork). Pre seasoned country sausage works fine too.
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Fresh thyme 2 tsp fresh leaves only or 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each paprika and cayenne
- 1/4 tsp or to taste Sea Salt: black pepper each
- Chopped sage (optional)
- 2 tsp brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, or maple syrup for paleo option
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- Tabasco 2 tsp plus extra for serving
- Herbs to garnish optional
- Place ground sausage in large bowl. Make sure it’s chilled. Add your additional spices and herbs. Mix together with hands. Add Tabasco sauce or omit for less spicy option.
- Shape into patties about 3 to 3 1/2 in width and 1 to 1.5 inch thick. They will shrink when cooked or air fried .
- Place patties on baking tray lined with parchment paper to keep from sticking.
- Place 4-5 patties in air fryer at at time.
- Air fryer 20 min on manual or chicken setting at 370F. Pull out the tray half way through cooking to flip the patties. Once you place the tray back in, the cooking will continue.
- Remove sausage from air fryers once the timer goes off. Place on clean plate and cover.
- Repeat for additional patties.
- Serve with extra tabasco sauce or sauce of choice.
- Stove top – heat skillet with oil over medium high heat. Fry patties 20 min medium to medium high flipping half ever so often. (not as crispy and healthy as air fryer, but same flavor).
- To make this whole 30 friendly, omit the sugar.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: air fry
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: air fryer, paleo, sausage, gluten free, healthy breakfast, brunch, chicken