Three Herb Tomato Zucchini salad is the best of summer’s produce made into a healthy marinated vegetable salad! This easy zucchini salad recipe is paleo, vegan, and whole30 friendly.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (red and yellow)
- 1 zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1 shallot sliced (or 1/3 c red onion chopped)
- To soak in 2 tbsp lemon
- 1/2 c chopped fresh herbs combined
- Italian parsley
- 3 –4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil (see notes)
- 2 tsp sumac
- Pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic or two cloves
- Sea Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra Lemon juice
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Wash and slice your tomatoes and zucchini. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Slice your shallot (or red onion) and soak in 2 tbsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- Chop your herbs and place in a small bowl. Toss together.
- Combine your olive oil, sumac, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon to juice together in a bowl. Whisk together. Pour over your tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add in your soaked shallot slices (discard the lemon juice), herbs, and toss again.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or store in air tight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Feel free to use summer squash or larger tomatoes if desired. The more the salad soaks in the dressing, the more flavorful it becomes, but the tomatoes will also become a bit softer.
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil is sufficient, due to the water content of the zucchini, but feel free to add an additional tablespoon to really coat all the vegetables, like a dressing.
- Category: salad
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, zucchini, paleo, whole 30, vegan, healthy, tomato salad, herbs marinated