Three Herb Tomato Zucchini salad is the best of summer’s produce made into a healthy marinated vegetable salad! This easy zucchini salad recipe is paleo, vegan, and whole30 friendly.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (red and yellow)
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1 shallot sliced (or 1/3 cup red onion chopped) – Soak in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs combined
- Italian parsley
- 3 –4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic or two cloves
- sea salt and crushed pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon extra lemon juice
- lemon slices to garnish
- Wash and slice your tomatoes and zucchini. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Slice your shallot (or red onion) and soak in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- Chop your herbs and place in a small bowl. Toss together.
- Combine your olive oil, sumac, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon to juice together in a bowl. Whisk together. Pour over your tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add in your soaked shallot slices (discard the lemon juice), herbs, and toss again.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or store in airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Feel free to use summer squash or larger tomatoes if desired. The more the salad soaks in the dressing, the more flavorful it becomes, but the tomatoes will also become a bit softer.
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil is sufficient, due to the water content of the zucchini, but feel free to add an additional tablespoon to really coat all the vegetables, like a dressing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: salad
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 586.6 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: salad, zucchini, paleo, whole 30, vegan, healthy, tomato salad, herbs marinated