Well, I guess it’s time for an informative post, yes? And what better time than on a spontaneous Friday night. Haha!
Actually, I’ve had a few people ask me how my stomach was healing, so I thought I’d share.
It’s getting better each day, and I have nice (natural) supplement line up to thank for it.
- Digestive Enzymes: I use a plant based enzyme to help in carbohydrate and protein digestion. Premier Research Labs has a ton that are very effective, well for me at least. Check out their full line of Gastro Health Supplements HERE.
- New Zealand brand Colostrum: I got hooked on this colostrum back in 2009 when we were in New Zealand. It was right after I had my first illness from a parasite. I love what it does for intestinal flora. I know they sell other colostrum brands in the states as well. Several at Whole Foods.
With additional support from the prebiotics Inulin and Oligofructose, Nutra-Life Colostrum Gold helps improve general well being, maintain levels of healthy bacteria in the gut and supports healthy immune function.
- Maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Maintaining digestive and intestinal health
- Glutamine- This glorious supplement was recommended by my amazing GUT GURU friend and RD Mel. She’s amazing and knows her stuff. This supplement basically acts like a patch kit for your stomach. It helps repair the muscle in the stomach when under all kinds of physical and emotional stress. See more info about it HERE.
- HCL (Hydrochloric Acid): And then there is good ol’ HCL. This has been a new one over the past few months. HCL assists the stomach in creating it’s own stomach acid.
…. assist the body’s natural stomach acids in the digestion and absorption of nutrients, especially protein, vitamin B12, calcium, iron and other minerals.
As we age, we typically produce less hydrochloric acid (HCl) which reduces our ability to efficiently absorb nutrients from food. Reduced HCl production affects the amount of protein and calcium we can absorb and can interfere with bone metabolism. Incomplete protein metabolism can imbalance intestinal flora. Betaine hydrochloric acid promotes absorption of nutrients.
- And last but not least, the most important NATURAL SUPPLEMENT of ALL!
Taking on less, practicing Yoga, and daily dog walks.
I’ve still got a ways to go and one more test to complete to make sure we are on the right track BUT…
IT IS PROGRESS
And I am thankful!
Some other good GUT links to check out:
Alright, enough gut talk. Time to enjoy the weekend!
Cheers to Good Guts!
Disclaimer: Although I am a Nutrition Manager, I do not specialize in gastrointestinal health. The supplements above are my personal choice. I am sharing why/how they are working for me.