Green Goddess Vegan Pasta Salad is made with simple and nourishing ingredients that come together in minutes. Vegan and gluten-free, it’s the perfect recipe for easy appetizers or light lunches. Make it ahead of time for picnics, barbecues, and more!
- 14 to 16 ounces chickpea pasta (or gluten free pasta of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vegan goddess dressing (see notes for ingredients)
- 1 chopped snap peas
- 2 cups chopped broccoli floret
- handful of baby spinach or arugula
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts or hemp seeds to garnish
- lemon slices to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked to al dente, strain from liquid and add to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the warm pasta and toss to evenly coat.
- Prepare the goddess dressing (see notes) if not using store-bought. Add the chopped snap peas, broccoli, spinach, and toss to coat evenly. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnishing with pine nuts, hemp seeds, and/or lemon. Chill until ready to serve.
- Make Ahead & Storage Tips – Cook the pasta and then drain water. Toss the pasta in olive oil then let them completely cool before storing in an airtight container. It’s best to store leftover pasta and dressing separate.Then toss pasta with the dressing and raw vegetables right before serving.
For the Vegan Green Goddess Dressing you will need to blend the following:
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado (peeled), 1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onions (white parts removed), 1/3 cup coconut milk, 1/3 cup loosely packed (chopped/torn) parsley, 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil and/or chive, 2 Tablespoons tamari sauce, 2 teaspoons lemon juice,1 teaspoon minced garlic, sea salt and black pepper (to taste), olive oil as needed (1/4 cup to 1/3 cup).
- Prep Time: 5
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 9
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 305.3 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 14.6 g
Keywords: main dish, side dish, pasta, pasta salad, green goddess, salad dressing, creamy pasta salad