Grain Free Cinnamon and spice Healthy protein Bites these ares so great for snacks on the go, pre or post workout, and for kids! and we love the combo of cinnamon and other winter/fall spices. You can use them ANY time of year!
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup plantain flour or ground plantain chips. you can also use protein powder instead if you don’t have plantain flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 –1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves (ground)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground anise –> optional. you can use nutmeg instead
- 1/2 tsp butter or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- First, grind up your plantain chips.
- Then just mix up dry ingredients and add in nut butter, extract, and, molasses, and honey.
- Mix well, then roll into balls/bites.
- Freeze right away then use Vanilla Protein Powder or use coconut flour/sugar to roll bites in after frozen. Store in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness. Makes around 33-36 bites, give or take.
- NOTE –> if your batter is dry, you might need to add more honey and/or nut butter to keep batter from being to dry.
recipe by Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
- Prep Time: 10 min