Grain Free Birthday Cake for Dogs (egg free)
- 2 1/4 cup chickpea flour (oat flour can be substitutes if your pup can handle grains)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 c naturally refined coconut oil -liquid (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2/3 c mashed strawberries (1/3 cup to be used to garnish or mixed with frosting)
- Optional honey (1 spoonful or less)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or organic 2% milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or chilled coconut cream with 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven 350F. Line a small cake tin (7 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sift your chickpea flour, cinnamon, and baking powder/soda together. In another bowl, whisk your milk, oil, lemon juice together.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your flour batter. Fold in 1/2 mashed strawberries and honey. Pour into cake tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until center comes out clean with toothpick.
- Let the cake cool then sit in fridge to set for 30 minutes. While cake is chilling, make the frosting.
- Whisk together plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp honey.
- Slice cake in half to create two tiers (optional). Spread about 1/2 cup or less whipped greek yogurt between each cake and stack the cakes gently on top of each other. Spread the rest of your yogurt frosting on top and garnish with leftover strawberries.
- This may be made into a sheet pan cake or one tier cake. Adjust baking times if needed. Check status of cake at 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pet food, cake, grain free, dogs, birthday cake for dogs, healthy