Quinoa is a delicious ancient grain that’s packed with protein and healthful nutrients. This is the basic recipe for a batch of it.
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa Grain
- 1 3/4 cup to 2 cups Water or Stock
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For Stove top Cooking
- Bring 2 cups of water or stock to a boil in a 2 qt. pot. Add 1 cup Quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
In an Instant Pot
- Select “Multigrain” Setting. Press “Pressure” until High Pressure is illuminated.
Press “Adjust” until Normal is illuminated. Using the “-“ and “+” keys, set cook time for 8 minutes.
Once cooking time has finished, slide steam release handle to the “Venting” position. Remove lid and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes.
Yields about 3-1/2 to 4 cups. (Total cook time 25 minutes.)
Slow Cooker Settings –
- 1 c quinoa
- 1 3/4c liquid
Cook on low for 3-5 hours. If you are slow cooking a larger batch of quinoa, it will take more time to cook, closer to 5 hours. Note: Each brand of slow cookers takes different amount of times.
This quinoa recipe is being shared with permission from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Category: side dishes
- Serving Size: 1/4 c (3/4 cup cooked)
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: quinoa, ancient grains, gluten free grains