Spicy Surf and Turf Caesar Salad Recipe (gluten free)
- 6–8 oz steak fillet (or two 4 ounce fillet)
- 10–12 medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- lime juice
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper and sea salt
- 1–2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or minced
- 1 bag of iceberg lettuce
- hard shredded parmesan
- 1–2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup black rice
- Caesar dressing of choice
- First prepare your rice. This is optional but it gives a nice crunch to the salad. I make the black rice ahead of time and use a vegetable broth with a pinch or two of chili pepper when steaming/boiling. Black rice usually takes about 30 minutes or so in rice cooker.
- While rice is cooking, prepare your proteins. In a small bowl, combine your oil and your seasoning. Mix together. Then coat the steaks and the shrimp in the marinade with the curry and balsamic vinegar. Place steaks in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes. The last 15 minutes or so, add your shrimp. Broil the last minute. If the steaks are extra thick, they might need longer time.
- Once everything this cooked, combine a little bit of rice with the steak/shrimp and toss together with more curry and black pepper if you’d like. Place on a bed of lettuce, sprinkle with parmesan, lime juice, and drizzle with your dressing. It’s delish!
to make dairy free and paleo, omit the cheese. I also like using this paleo recipe for the dressing http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/caesar-dressing/