I haven’t done a WIAW post in a while. I’m thinking today might be the day.
We’ve been eating what I like to call Peasant meals. Cheap but GOOD food that you can stretch into multiple mini meals or one big meal. I’m thankful my husband likes them and thinks I am talented. Ha, little does he know.
Recent eats – Baked GF tortillas with scrambled egg, cabbage slaw, and BBQ sauce. Bottom of the bag GF attunefoods cereal (aka crummies) with tangerines, coconut, and yogurt. Oh and Gluten Free sugar cookies. Okay these aren’t peasant-like, but they were made from a ton of leftover ingredients. I also used part of this mix!
And last but not least. Garlicky GREEN chicken and PEAS!
- Chicken Broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsely
- 1 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- turmeric (optional)
- natural butter
- green peas (fresh or frozen)
- Chicken breasts or wings (skin on)
- Bring 2-3 cups chicken broth and 1/2-1 cup water to a boil, just enough to cover the amount of chicken you are adding in. Add in 1-2 tbsp oil, chicken (skin on), garlic, parsely, turmeric, and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done, but not totally done.
- Drain juices (keep herbs and a little juice for coating later). Return to the stove and add in peas with 1 tsbp natural butter. Add in your chili pepper and the broth/juice you kept. Cook on low to medium low until peas are cooked and chicken is done.
- Feel free to add in a corn/pea/carrot mixture instead.
- Serve chicken (skin on or off) on top of peas and add fresh avocado and salsa to top!
- Best served with a side of sticky brown rice or white rice. I even added in some chopped nuts and raisins.
Well that ended being more words than I thought! ha.
Cheap but good ingredients, it works, right?
We’re talking more about saving $ on a GF diet over at Udis Glutenfree Community. Come share!
Disclosure: I am a community leader in the Udi’s Gluten Free Living Community on The BlogFrog. As a community leader I may receive compensation and or product samples for sharing information about the Udi’s Gluten Free Living Community and The Blog Frog. All opinions expressed are my own.