Well what do ya know … it’s Friday! Oh my. What a week. I’ve definitely IRONED out some kinks, but life will never be 100% smooth. And I’m okay with it. It’s all about the journey, right?
Speaking of more kinks….. we’ve got the IRON UP, but now the kiwi has 2 weeks of FULL RECOVERY after 6 weeks intense training. Yes, he’s takes breaks. Only allowed to do light workouts 3x a week… MAX. The body and nervous system needs to undo all the WORK and heal right. That means the FUELING options change again. Less sugar/carbs, and more good fat/protein.
Here’s what it looks like for the next 2 weeks at the Cotter house.
- Low sugar Carbs and a fat for Breakfast
Trying out Purely Elizabeth no sugar Quinoa Oats with kiwi, kefir, and cinnamon.
- Protein/Fat based lunch with 1/2 amount of carbs as in training. Lots more good oils and veggies.
deconstructed Sushi salad anyone?
We also added in these amazing flavored super seedz to snacks and lunch!! So good!
- Nutrient dense snacks –> Protein COOKIE recipe below, Green Smoothies with protein, Healthy Bites
- Lots of tea
- Fat/Protein Based dinner with less grains. More sweet potato or squash for carbs –> thank you SIZZLE FISH
- Always room for red wine
- And thank goodness for sugar free ZEVIA!
The key here is to get plenty of nutrients while keep the same training weight. We’ve gone through trial and error and found that his body responds well on this diet during recovery weeks. I basically eat the same except more nutrient smoothies for breakfast, unless it’s the weekend.
Ok, so you ready for these cookies or what? Try them out and report back. If you add the Pineapple on top, they are totally STRANGE but GOOD, right?
- 1 cup crunchy nut butter with a few spoons of flax or chia seed added in –Or use Nuttzo.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used the NuNaturals Stevia Vanilla drops)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg OR 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)- Again, I used the 10 Vanilla Stevia Drops
- 2 servings (~60 grams) of Vanilla or Strawberry Protein powder
- Other Add-ins: place dried fruit on top (like pineapple chunks)
Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheet and set aside. In a bowl, combine your nut butters and protein powder/baking powder. Mix well with hands then add in egg. Mix again. Roll into balls and press onto cookie sheet with fingers until flat. Sprinkle the tops with a little sugar, the real stuff! Bake for 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before touching so they can set. Then ENJOY!
Makes around 14-16 cookies.
- Nutrition per cookie: Calories 82.0, Fat: 6.0 g, Carbs: 3.3 g , Fiber: 1.1 g, Protein: 5.5 g [/print_this]
Okay, I’m done in the kitchen this week. WHOA, recipe overload. At least we’re well FUELED, right?
Do you change your diet during recovery weeks?
[Tweet “Fueling with less sugar. Flourless Protein Cookies via @LCCotter #fitfluential #glutenfree #fuel”]
And happy NUTTZO day, actually national Peanut Butter day! I’m nutty. Nuttzo is having a great deal and giveaway. Buy two jars and receive 25% off your online order + get a FREE bag of some awesome Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal. Go to www.gonuttzo.com and enter the coupon code: NUTTZOPE