This homemade ice cream recipe makes fruit sweetened no-churn ice cream without condensed milk and only 5 ingredients. Includes paleo + vegan options.
- 2 cups chilled coconut cream or heavy whipping cream (see notes for how to use coconut cream. You will need to chill it for 24 hrs.)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Raw honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar
- Rum extract
- Dried fruit such as raisins or chopped dried pineapple
- Ground cinnamon
- First, blend your frozen banana and mango together in a small bowl until creamy. Set aside.
- Next, place your cream (pre-chilled coconut cream or heavy whipping cream) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend on medium high speed until soft peaks are formed. If desired, add in a few tablespoons of agave/honey/or maple syrup while mixing.
- Once soft peaks have formed, slowly and gently fold in the banana mango mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients. dried fruit, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
- Pour mixture into a 9×3-inch metal loaf pan. Best to have the baking pan lined with parchment paper to cause less sticking.
- Drizzle any extra toppings on top (i.e honey, cinnamon, etc.)
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hrs until hardened. Keep in freezer until ready to serve
- Fun option! Soak your raisins in 1/4 cup rum for 1 hour or so, until they plump up. Then, add to ice cream before chilling. A great rum raisin dessert!
- Feel free to sub raisins for chocolate chips, nuts, etc!
- See my whipped coconut cream post for details on how to chill coconut cream before whipping.
Ice cream consistency preferences
- When using the coconut cream (for vegans) the texture will be more like soft serve/frozen yogurt but still TASTE like creamy ice cream.
IMPORTANT NOTE Re: Serving
If using coconut cream, the ice cream will harden quickly in the freezer. You can place it in the freezer first for a few hours, but it will need 30 minutes or so to thaw before serving. If you keep it in the fridge it will turn into more of a yogurt base. If you use the heavy whipping cream, the texture will be more like ice cream. Both are DELISH!!
The nutrition shown below is for the ice cream made with coconut cream versus Heavy whipping cream. They are very similar except the heavy whipping cream has a few more calories.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 20.7mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: homemade ice cream recipe, no churn ice cream, fruit-sweetened