Consider me a true “baller” today. No really, I am! I am rolling balls, I mean Healthy bites, like crazy. It’s good stuff! I’m saying this is my Christmas bonus, yes? So thankful for a passion turned job right now. But if I go missing for the next few days, you know were to find me. …..in the kitchen! I’m ready. I’ve got the Christmas station on Pandora all set up too.
But before I go, I had to share this “doh” moment.
You see, I was finishing up my Healthy Bites custom orders yesterday when suddenly I realized I messed up the order. I didn’t ruin the batch, just mixed the wrong ingredients. I wasn’t getting carried away with flavors and well, one thing lead to another. Whoops! ”
But this “doh” moment turned into a “dough” ball. Ha! I wasn’t about to waste a batch of healthy bites and for once I was in the mood to bake.
I added a little more coconut flour, egg, and almond milk to the batch and voila! Coconut Rum Raisin Dough Balls. Pretty Marvelous in my Monday if you ask me! Thank you Katie for letting me in on the Marvelous DOH moment!
Okay onto the recipe.
Coconut Rum Raisin Dough Balls (Vegan Option)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 serving or 60 grams protein powder (I used Vanilla Vega Smoothie)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 cup gluten free granola
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each of rum extract and coconut extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg or flax egg
- baking powder (optioal 1/2 tsp)
- First grind up your granola, coconut, and raisins. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in your flours and protein.
- Mix again. Then add in your liquids, egg, honey, butters, etc. Mix thoroughly. If it’s too dry, add more milk. If it’s too runny, add more coconut flour or other flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 15-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool. ENJOY!
- Category: snack
- Cuisine: american
And last but not least, a quick workout. I’ve had a lot to share just haven’t had the time to post. This one is quick and effective. Go for it!
Did you have any “doh” moments this weekend? Come on, you gotta share.
I have not had time to reply to comments lately. Please know I appreciate all of them! And please excuse the lack of response. <3