Flourless Peanut Butter Churro Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting. Ready in 30 minutes with paleo option included
- 1 cup no stir natural peanut butter or almond butter (creamy)
- 2 large bananas
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda or cream of tarter
- 1/3 c peanut flour/powder or cocoa powder (either work)
- 1/4 – 1/3c honey or maple syrup
- 3 tsp to 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon (extra for coating)
- Optional Butter extract or cinnamon extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil (or clarified butter/ghee)
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar or palm sugar for rolling cupcakes in.
- 1 or 2 cans coconut milk/cream (equals about 6 oz cream or 13 ounce milk)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 2–4 tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you’d like)
- optional peanut butter or almond butter to mix in frosting.
- First, you are making the frosting, go ahead and place your coconut cream in fridge to chill for at least 12 hrs. Do this the night before. You will be making this Coconut vegan frosting
- For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line a 12 pan muffin pan or cupcake pan. Set aside.
- In a blender or mixer (food processor). Blend your banana and peanut butter or almond butter until mixed and smooth batter is formed. Place in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk or beat your eggs and vanilla.
- Combine your egg mix with your banana and nut butter. Fold in and gently mix your 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and cinnamon. If you are adding cocoa or peanut flour, add it here as well and mix thoroughly until batter is smooth.
- Pour into lined baking pan muffins cups. Filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes.
- While cupcakes baking. Make your Coconut vegan frosting and churro dipping batter.
- For the frosting, follow my coconut frosting recipe. Place your chilled coconut cream (just the solid part) in a bowl. Add in a few tsp cinnamon, 2-4 tbsp honey, optional 1/2 tbsp nut butter, and vanilla. Mix on low until creamy. Place in fridge until ready to top cupcakes.
- Take cupcakes out of oven and let cool.
- Next melt your butter or coconut oil in one bowl. Add your 1/2 cup coconut sugar to another bowl.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, dip each in the melted butter then roll in coconut sugar. Place on a tray or large plate. Repeat for all 12.
- Spread your frosting onto each cupcake. You can use a pipping bag or simple place frosting in a ziplock bag, cut the corner, and decorate each. Top each with a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar.
- Storage in fridge until ready to serve. These also freeze well!
- You will have extra frosting, coconut sugar, and butter.
- PALEO option: Use grass fed butter or coconut oil to coat. Use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- For FROSTING I always buy 2 cans or more of coconut milk/cream in case one can doesn’t form enough cream after chilling in fridge.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 13.4g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 26.7mg
Keywords: flourless cupcakes, churro cupcakes, paleo desserts, gluten free desserts