Flourless Honey Oat Ricotta Muffins are easy to make for a healthy breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups (160 g) gluten free rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned), divided
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp (8 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (64 g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (170 g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165 g) organic ricotta cheese (regular or light)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (177C) and prepare a muffin pan by lining with parchment paper liners. Set aside
- Add 1 1/2 cups (121 g) oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon to a high-speed blender, and process on high for about 10 seconds or until the oats have broken down into the consistency of a fine flour.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the ricotta and remaining 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats and process on high for about 30 seconds or until the batter becomes smooth and creamy. Periodically stop and scrape down the sides of your blender, as necessary.
- Transfer the batter to a medium-sized mixing bowl and fold in the ricotta cheese and remaining oats, mixing well to ensure that everything becomes fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about ¾ of the way full. I sprinkled some raw oats on top, but that is optional.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the tops of your muffins begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. As soon as they’ve cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For gluten-free oats we use Bob’s Red Mill.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ricotta muffins, flourless muffins, gluten free, healthy breakfasts, healthy snacks, kid friendly