Yesterday marked the first day of Fall, and unfortunately, Texas has yet to get the memo. It’s humid and 90F. Hey, that’s better than 100F. Fall likes to creep it’s way into our state. Slowly but surely.
Luckily for us, we had the chance to ease on into “Fall-ish” weather a few weeks ago in Colorado.
And I have to admit, that fresh mountain air gave the me a bit of my running mojo back. I was hardly running at all during the Texas summer. Too hot, and too much going on. I didn’t want to overload my body, nor did I feel like getting up at the crack of dawn to run at “cooler” temps. But Colorado.. oh my. It brought back my much needed appreciation of running and just being outdoors. Each day I stepped outside for an easy run or a leisurely hike, and each morning the weather seemed to get a little cooler, as if mother nature was truly helping me EASE on into Fall running and Fall weather.
Maybe it was the new adidas running gear, maybe it was the amazing weather, maybe it was because I was taking a break from teaching at the gym. Whatever the reason, I’m excited to FEEL excited about running again…. not set amount, just EASING on in when time allows.
That being said, here are a few of my FAVORITE FALL running gear to help you transition into cooler Fall temps!
1. Adizero Climaproof Jacket – oh I love this light weight jacket. It’s slim-fit and keeps you dry on the road or trail with climaproof® rain and a wind-resistant front panel. I also found it great as a wind jacket. Cool found feature –> pocket in the back that zips!
- The tights are actually great to layer under shorts as well, or wear as just pants for extra insulation. Made with he breathable ventilated climacool® fabric so you don’t overheat but still stay warm.
- The shorts are of course great to wear over the tights or by themselves. Very breathable Climalite material and have a comfortable liner.
- I ordered XS in both shorts and tights and they are true to size.
3. Stella McCartney 3/4 in tights –These 3/4 are amazing! I feel pretty darn stylish too. They fit like a glove (I ordered XS). The pants have a ribbed waistband and curved cutlines that really give you that body-hugging fit. The sides are lined with an open mesh to keep you dry as well.
4. Last but not least, the new ENERGY BOOSTS 2.0 ESM (7.9 ounces) – I was actually shocked by these. Big difference (to me) in the first pair of energy boosts I received versus this pair. The color, for one, is amazing! Love the mint blue. But the feel is even more breathable due to the ESM (engineered stretched Mesh) and fts more like a sock, if that makes sense.
I’ve always loved the spring I get with these shoes, most likely from the innovative boost™ design. This type of design helps return energy to the foot with every step. The Adidas Energy Boosts 2.0 ESM also have FORMOTION®, which makes for an easy heel strike to toe off transition.
Obviously I need to work on my run form next!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by adidas via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of adidas.
Do you ease into cooler weather well? What’s your favorite new FALL gear you can’t wait to wear?
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
P.s. Next Monday I plan on posting a few other FALL Favorites, maybe by then Texas will be cooler. Wishful thinking!