Last week I mentioned that I found my running mojo. Apparently it was hiding in Colorado. Along with all the great FALL WEATHER, trails, mountains, and more.
I mean, how can you not want to run here?
But that’s the thing. Inspiration and running energy (mojo) come to me when I am doing less physically and mentally. And as we approach Fall, life is still FULL, but I still want to find time to get outside and ENJOY!
How do I find room to still run without overdoing it? Should I just walk instead? Does that even count?
YES! IF you make it COUNT.
Walking is (and always be) part of my fitness routine. And I don’t think we should feel “weaker” because of it. Meaning, just because you’re a runner and you decide to walk instead, doesn’t make you’re unfit. In fact, if you’re a runner and your life is busy, a little stressed, and you’re still hitting the gym each week, then maybe walking is the PERFECT supplement for your running (for now).
Here’s my FALL FITNESS routine I’ve been doing the past few weeks.
- Teach strength/outdoor boot camp 2-3x a week
- Run easy 1x a week (30-45min)
- Long Hike with Dog 1x a week
- Walk/Sprint 1x a week with Dog –> walk 5-8 minutes, sprint 15 seconds. Repeat for 60 minutes. That leads to about 8-10 sprints.
Walk slow, sprint for a few seconds, walk again, repeat. Trust me, you’ll love it. And to make things more fun, try it on your next trail run with your dog. You’ll both get in a good WALK and intermittent sprinting session!
Now, what to wear on those walking/hiking sessions. …
I’ll show you my favorites!
- Women’s Training Techfit Bra. Haha more support! Love their bras. The design is racer back and fits just right, no rubbing ya raw. Plus it has a compressive techfit™ fabric, which keep moisture and sweat away!
- Adidas Straight workout pants – I got these because they fit comfortably but still are great for when I want to workout up a sweat. They are made climalite fabric, which dries fast! Slightly flared at the end to fit over your shoes. I’m wearing them above. And if it feels warmer out, then I’ll wear the Stella McCartney run capris below! Another favorite!
4. The Women’s ultimate Fleece sweatshirt – Oh wow do I love this hoodie. Thumb holes, pockets, light weight, and flatlock seams reduce chafing and skin irritation. Plus it keeps you warm with climawarm fabric. I actually where this with jeans as well. I’m kinda a hoodie addict.
Next on my walking and hiking attire wish list is the Sherpa Hoodie! How did I miss this before? Must have!
Regardless, all this gear has helped me feel good about my routine. No pressure to perform, just get outside and be active!
Need more ideas for a walking routine? Check this out —> 7 Powerful Ways to Make Walking more Exciting!
Want to know the benefits of a little Sprinting Here and There? Then read THIS –> 15 reasons to Sprint More
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by adidas via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of adidas.
Are you switching up your fitness routine this Fall? Does it include getting outside?
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
This next month I will be participating with Adidas as a Fitness Fashionista. I’m excited to try out their new line of apparel, and of course.. work on my fashionista part. It definitely needs help! Ha!