Almost 7 years ago I married the Kiwi and became a Sherpa wife (aka pro athlete supporter, food maker and supplier, race day cheerleader, etc.). Almost 6 years ago I started creating Healthy Bites. Both are big dreams! In fact, if my husband was a pro triathlete, I probably wouldn’t have started Healthy Bites.
And if I hadn’t taken action to try to fix my diet (and heal), Healthy Bites wouldn’t have happened. You can read the full story here.
Anyway, here we are today, three years shy of a decade away from where it all began. We’ve had our SHINING years, we’ve had (many) hard years, and we’ve had our waiting years. But in the end, we still hang on. I like to think it’s because the tremendous support we’ve had. When people believe in YOU… YOU HANG ON!
Which leads me to today.
Sometimes DREAMING BIG means you’re gonna stall. You shift gears and something just doesn’t move right. Ever had that happen?
Big Plans and BIG Dreams usually come to a stall due to lack of patience (to quick to move), lack of trust, to much pressure, and sometimes you just don’t have the funds to properly get things going. Make sense?
We have stalled. In fact, it’s kinda where we are right now. Trying to figure out what gear to put those BIG DREAMS in. Move forward? Reverse? Stay put and wait for help?
Oh it can be tough to decide.
But one can be certain.. stalling doesn’t be stopping.
What to do when your dreams are stalled?
- Be patient. Wait to move until you are READY
- Find support. Ask for guidance from others.
- GIVE BACK. Yes, take the time to give back to other who have gotten you this far!
- Turn off the negativity and the pressure. That was a hard one for me. I truly wanted to know why we weren’t moving forward with both careers. I doubted myself but at the same time, I put way to much pressure on myself.
- REST. Another important one that’s hard to swallow. Maybe the reason you’re stalled in the first place is because you’ve run out of gas. Think about that. Find time to recharge, refuel, and embrace the mundane!
I’m going to keep posting recipes, ebooks, and giveaways for Healthy Bites until we figure out how to move forward. The kiwi has 2, maybe 3 races left of season. He’s ready! I know it. But I think in a few month’s, we’ll know what direction to go in. We’ll be UNSTALLED. A hopefully we can move forward. But that’s in God’s plans, and sometimes that means being ready to switch gears!
Whatever it may be, we’re along for the ride!
What are your DREAM BIG tips for when life feels stalled?
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
p.s. i didn’t even edit this post, so please excuse the typos.. writing on a whim. 😉