Ahh Monday. Feels good over here. I slept 8 hrs. That’s pretty fantastic! You see, I was on a blogging sabbatical last week. I needed a break from blogging because I knew my week was full. Full of time in the kitchen making Healthy Bites, full of time spent Dog sitting, house sitting, and take care of 2 kiddos over the weekend.
While this is all a blessing financially for us, it can also cause additional stress on my part IF I don’t let go of a few other things.
Last year I learned that I cannot STRETCH MYSELF too THIN. I don’t handle it well, my body breaks down, and I am not the best wife, friend, daughter, etc.
I learned this the hard way. God sure did humble me. And I am thankful for that.
I learned NOT to Stretch myself too thin with the non priorities. I scaled back on teaching classes, on saying YES to writing more money making posts, etc. And guess what, God provided. He provided more than enough.
So while this past week was FULL, it was by no means too much. I was able to enjoy my priorities, and not view them as obligations. Talk about an AH-HA moment, lol!
I love being a wife, it’s one of my favorite jobs. But the last thing my husband wants for me (us) is to spend my (our) days overworked, overstretched, and under nourished (physically and spiritually).
Less is more, amen?!
Gluten Free BBQ Chicken and Red Pepper Pasta.
|Gluten Free BBQ Chicken and Red Pepper Pasta||
- 1 cup diced organic chicken sausage (I use Applegate farms). Tempeh or Tofu work well here too!
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- red pepper hummus
- GF Sweet BBQ sauce
- Red chili pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 2-3 servings of GF pasta (spiral quinoa or rice pasta works best). I’ve also used kelp noodles and Cauliflower rice for those looking for a Paleo option.
- Cook Pasta according to package, add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and a cilantro, set aside.
- In another skillet, cook sausages with a little oil, garlic, red chili. Then add in your corn and bell pepper. Cook thoroughly.
- Once cooked, add sausage and vegetable mix to pasta. Mix again, add some hummus and oil if you want it more creamy.
- Top with more cilantro, feta or goat cheese, and chili flakes.
What do you do when you find yourself getting Overstretched?
Cheers to a restful Monday!