This mayo-free broccoli salad is not only delicious, but packed full of nourishing ingredients! A loaded detox salad with healthy veggies and fruit, tossed in a light and tangy olive oil yogurt sauce.
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 2 tsp to 3 tsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- Optional 1/2 tsp everything seasoning of choice (dried herbs, red pepper, etc.)
- 1/3 c to 1/2 c cultured plain yogurt or kefir yogurt (see notes for doubling sauce)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove or 1/2 tsp minced
- Kosher Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 c diced red onion or shallot
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Fresh Cilantro or Parsley to garnish
- Peppercorns or fresh pepper and optional red pepper flakes.
- Optional method – Roast 1/2 lb of broccoli in oil for extra flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss half the broccoli florets (around 2 cups) in 2-3 tsp oil and seasoning of choice. Place on baking sheet and place in oven to roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Place the other 1/2 lbs broccoli florets in a large mixing bowl. If you don’t want to roast half, just toss all raw broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- While broccoli is cooking, make your yogurt sauce (see notes for extra creamy sauce).
For Yogurt Sauce:
- Mix the yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt/pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and onion in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place roasted broccoli and raw broccoli in one bowl. Mix in your blueberries, sunflower seeds, and spinach. Toss all together.
- Next spoon your yogurt sauce over the broccoli and blueberry spinach salad. Toss all together.
- Garnish with extra herbs (Cilantro or Parsley), peppercorn or pepper, and a pinch of red pepper if desired.
For vegan option, substitute yogurt with non dairy yogurt or hummus.
If you want this salad to be extra creamy, feel free to double the yogurt sauce.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 445.3 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Keywords: broccoli salad