Curried Chicken and Veggie Pad Thai. A Gluten Free Pad Thai dish paired with curried chicken and veggies. You can’t go wrong with this pair! Delish!
One of my husband’s favorite dishes I’ve made (ever) is a gluten free and vegan mac and cheese with curried chickpeas. I am still shocked to this day that he requests that recipe, only because he’s a man, and he craves meat daily. Haha. But I don’t complain, it’s a great meal and I try to recreate it when I can.
Well, the past few weeks of traveling and racing for the Kiwi (my husband) have been a wee bit stressful and tiring. That being said, it was time for his favorite meal to cure things. Makes sense, right?
But this time around, I added in extra protein (chicken), veggies, and switched to a new pad Thai pasta to make it lower carb. Guess how it turned out?
Gluten Free Pad Thai Noodles paired with curried chicken and veggies. You can’t go wrong with this pair! Delish! Gluten free , quick to make, and healthy!
- 1 pack Gluten Free Rice Pasta or Zucchini Noodles
- (1/2 cup)- spicy or plain Almond or cashew Cheese (You can make your own or even just use nutritional yeast).
- 1 1/2 cup sliced chicken breast (about 8 oz)
- 1 jar pimentos
- 1 cup peas or other veggie of choice
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp curry and paprika combined
- garlic- 1 to 2 tsp.
- sea salt and black pepper- to taste
- olive oil or other oil of choice (2 tbsp.)
- almond milk (unsweetened)- 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Optional Topping – Chili flakes or sriracha
- First, slice your chicken and coat them in 1 tbsp. oil and curry powder. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for about 15 minutes or you can grill or sauté in skillet until gold brown but not over cooked (crucial). Set aside. Then cook pasta according to the directions. This pasta only took about 4 minutes. Strain the water and add in the milk, cheese, oil, and seasoning. Stir on low until cheese starts to melt. Once its starts to melt, add in your chicken, cooked peas, and pimentos until all the cheese is melted and coated onto the pasta and chicken. Top with chili pepper flakes, sriracha, or any other spice you’d like!
- Serves 3-4
It actually paired quite nicely with my favorite bread to eat –> grain free garlic protein bread!
Happy Belly, Happy Husband, right? Or is it Happy Life, Happy Wife? Maybe both. Anyway, this recipe is definitely a keeper for years to come. So glad it’s simple to make too! Let me know if you give it a whirl!
What’s your favorite meal someone else makes for you?