Kale soup with curried cauliflower rice is one flavorful healthy soup recipe to keep you warm this season. An easy vegan, Whole30-friendly, paleo soup recipe for a nutritious meal-in-a-bowl. Roasted curried cauliflower rice with kale and even more veggies to fill your bowl! You’ll want to make this delicious vegetarian kale soup recipe again and again!
Soups on y’all! I feel like Friday’s, during colder months, should be soup days (PHO Sure!). Or healthy soup days in general so that you can make a big batch and enjoy all weekend, right? Like for instance… Curried cauliflower rice kale soup. It’s better than Campbell’s mmm mmm good. LOL!
Today this Corny Cotter is teaming up with some pretty FABULOUS blogger babes! We’re bringing you a roundup of tasty healthy soups to make this season! I’ll get started by sharing a little how to video all these AMAZING soups, and then we can jump to my curried cauliflower rice kale soup at then end. Sound good?
How to make Curried Cauliflower Rice Kale Soup (1 minute video)
Let’s face it, we started the week off right with a healthy Italian Sweet Potato spaghetti bowl, might as well end it the same way. Snappy, healthy, bowls of goodness! You know, to even out the chocolate caramel goodness in the middle. That’s my logic.
Bring on the SOUPS!
Let’s begin, shall we?
Thai Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup from Taylor at Food Faith Fitness
YUM! This crock pot chicken noodle soup has a Thai spin! It uses butternut squash noodles to keep it gluten free, paleo friendly and under 300 calories and 3 SmartPoints! A low-carb option is included!
Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale from Lee at Fit Foodie Finds!
Slow Cooker Sausage Kale Soup from Brittany at Eating Bird Food
Paleo Creamy Broccoli Soup with Crispy Shallots from Gina at Running to the Kitchen
Green Chile Vegetable Soup from Lexi at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen!
Notes about the curried cauliflower rice kale soup recipe
OK really it’s one of my favorite healthy vegan soup recipes. All that curry and turmeric, it’s like a little spice of heaven. I mean slice of heaven. And don’t worry. , You won’t turn yellow. Although you may have a “golden” from all that wonderful nourishment. Ha ha see what I did there?
The great thing about this cauliflower and kale soup recipe is that you don’t even have to make real rice. Nope, it’s that easy! We’re making cauliflower rice instead. Roasted curried cauliflower rice. And it literally takes about 20 minutes to make the “rice,” then you throw it in the soup along with all the rest ingredients. Those POWER nutrient ingredients like kale, CURRY, and broth.
I would call this is a “detox” soup, but I don’t want you to think that eating my brownies mid week is a bad thing. Nope, it’s all about the dark chocolate superfood. And a little bit of balance.
Yes yes, I know detoxes, turmeric, and curry are all the rage right now, but it’s probably a good thing. Maybe we take advantage of this trend? It does wonders for the body, well natural detoxes that is. It just means we PACK more antioxidants, anti-inflammatory foods, and nutrients into our diet. Ya, I like that trend. Soothing to body and the soul.
Trend setting aside, a simple, healthy soup recipe is a great staple to have around. This curried cauliflower rice kale soup is a crowd pleaser for everyone. It’s Paleo, and vegan, and dairy free, and gluten-free, and all those dietary labels. But in all honestly, when it comes down to it, this soup is just a healthy recipe packed with real food. Big bold and hearty flavors and yet still healthy.
So if you have 45-50 minutes and a refrigerator full of veggies, that’s basically all you need. Oh and curry spices. Crucial.
Let’s get to this oh so delicious roasted curried cauliflower kale soup recipe.
How do you prepare kale for soup?
If you’re using Tuscan kale, you just need to make sure to remove the large rib from the center of the leaves. Baby kale also works really well in this kale soup recipe.
PS. You can totally freeze this and use it for later. Another perk for a veggie packed soup.
How to Make Curried Cauliflower Rice Kale SoupPrint
Curried Cauliflower Rice Kale Soup is an easy paleo soup recipe and nutritious meal-in-a-bowl. Roasted curried cauliflower “rice” with kale and even more veggies to fill your bowl! A delicious vegetarian soup to make again again! Vegan and Whole30 friendly!
- 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets (about 3-4 cups when “riced’). See notes.
- 2- 3 tbsp curry powder or curry seasoning (turmeric should is usually included in the curry seasoning/powder)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups (5oz) chopped carrots
- 4 cups broth (vegetable or chicken if not vegan)
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk (the drinking kind works best and is smoother).
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes (use less if you don’t want as spicy)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste after cooked.
- preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes until tender but not overcooked. slightly under cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, prep the rest of your veggies but chopping them up on cutting board.
- Next place cauliflower florets in a Food Processor or blender and pulse a few times until the cauliflower is chopped or “riced.” See picture in post.
- Once all the cauliflower is riced and kale/veggies are chopped, prepare your cooking pot.
- Place onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic in large stock pot. Sautee for 5 minutes until fragant.
- Next add in your broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower “rice,” and the red chili pepper and black pepper.
- Bring to a quick boil (make sure milk does get too hot), then simmer for another 20 minutes or so until veggies are all cooked. .
- Add dash of sea salt if desired once ready to serve.
- Garnish with herbs and nut/seed crackers crumbles..
Notes on making cauliflower rice -> If you don’t have a food processor, just finely chop the cauliflower. You can also buy pre riced cauliflower and roast it. Be sure not to over process the cauliflower when cooked. You don’t want to make a puree. Just lightly chop.
Feel free to use other veggies besides kale and carrots. All work great.
I found that almond milk works great in this recipe. Keeps it light and smooth. Cashew and coconut milk work as well.
If you are not paleo or vegan, you can add other toppings such as crackers, nuts, cheese, etc. You can also add in cooked chicken or meat.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: curry, soup, paleo, vegan, low carb
Alright friends, I think you’re pretty stocked up on soup ideas now, right? Stay warm and ‘yer SOUP ON!
What’s your go to healthy soup recipe?
Have your ever tried curried cauliflower or cauliflower rice in a soup?
p.s I know what you’re thinking, it’s Friday, I don’t want to cook. No PROB, JUST PIN THIS RECIPE for later. That’s what I call Meal Prep Perfection! Cool?