These cinnamon cake bites are super easy to make by doctoring up a gluten free cake mix. We use cinnamon and coconut sugar for a warm, sweet taste.
- Grain free or gluten free cake mix one box
- 1–2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 oz white chocolate (vegan option)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- Pinch of cocoa powder (2 teaspoons)
- 2– 3 Tablespoons + melted butter or coconut oil
- 185 grams/6 ounces of gluten free cinnamon graham crackers (1 1/2 – 2 cups crushed)
- Pinch of sea salt and cinnamon
- Coconut sugar to coat
- Optional powdered sugar (sugar free option)
- Optional additional melted white chocolate to drizzle
- For trifle option, layer with my coconut whip frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake gluten free cake according to instructions with 1 + tablespoon extra cinnamon added to cake mix. BAKING NOTE– pull the cake out of the oven a little early so the batter is softer, for mixing. See notes for eggless option.
- Once cake is baked, set aside to cool. Then place cake in a bowl and tear into pieces, creating a crumbling batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl in a small bowl combine white chocolate and peanut butter. Melt in microwave in 30 set increments until mixture is melted and can be combined smoothly.
- If the white chocolate and peanut butter is too thick to melt, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil, stir, and heat again until smooth. This also can be melted on the stove.
- Pour the white chocolate peanut butter mix over the crumbled cinnamon cake and mix together with spoon or hands if needed. The batter should then be ready to mix and roll into balls/bites.
- Roll mixture into balls. About the size of a golf size ball (or smaller). Place on cookie sheet and place in freezer to set.
- While the cake bites or chilling, make the cinnamon sugar graham cracker crust coating. Grind the graham crackers in a food processor or crush in ziplock bag. Place crumbs in large bowl. Add a 1/2 tablespoon more cinnamon and/or coconut sugar.
- Next, in a small bowl, melt the coconut oil butter.
- After the cake bites have cooled, take them out of the fridge/freezer and roll each bite in butter/coconut oil then the crushed cinnamon graham crackers.
- Place the cakes bites back on cookie sheet. Repeat coating process for all cake bites. Then place in the fridge or freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle with extra melted white chocolate, powdered sugar, and serve or store for later. Store in airtight container. Best kept in fridge or freezer for up to 10 -14 days.
- For trifle with cinnamon cake bites, layer in a jar or glass with coconut whip! YUM!
For vegan cake option
Follow instructions for my gluten free vegan cake option, minus the coconut and lemon. Add cinnamon instead. You can still use the boxed cake mix, but instead of eggs, try using 2 tsp vinegar, and bake for at least 30 minutes in an 8×8 or 9×13 greased pan. Remember you will use the cake partially under cooked, so it’s okay if it doesn’t rise much.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon cake bites