This delicious cinnamon almond flour bread is a versatile low carb, gluten free and paleo bread recipe the whole family loves! Simple ingredients, nourishing, soft and delicious.
- 2 cups fine blanched almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Flax seed meal or chia meal (ground chia or flaxseed, see notes for how to make your own)
- 5 Eggs and 1 egg white whisked together
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 tbsp of clarified butter (melted) or Coconut oil; divided. Vegan butter also works
- 1 tbsp cinnamon plus extra for topping
- Optional chia seed to sprinkle of top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×4 bread pan with parchment paper at the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, flaxseed meal or chia meal, and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- In another small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg white. Then add in your maple syrup (or honey), apple cider vinegar, and melted butter (1.5 to 2 tbsp).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Be sure to remove any clumps that might have occurred from the almond flour or coconut flour.
- Pour batter into a your greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Mine too around 35 minutes but I am at altitude.
Remove from and oven.
- Next, whisk together the other 1 to 2 tbsp of melted butter (or oil) and mix it with 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon. Brush this on top of your cinnamon almond flour bread.
- Cool and serve or store for later.
- For storage, it’s best to keep wrapped in foil or ziplock in fridge. The bread freezes well for meal prep.
- If you you use a larger pan, the loaf slices will be less fluffy but equally delicious.
- To make the flaxseed or chia meal, simply place the the flaxseeds or chia seeds in a coffee grinder and grind until a fine meal is formed.
- Recipe adapted from one of my favorite blogs – Elana’s Pantry
Keywords: almond flour bread, gluten free, paleo, healthy bread recipes, low carb