Chinese Cauliflower fried rice casserole is a meal prep recipe that is perfect for low carb eaters. It’s freezer friendly, easy to make, and of course it’s delicious! Vegetarian and paleo recipe options.
- Sesame oil for the pan
- Optional 5 ounces diced meat (pork or chicken)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 lbs stir fry vegetables
- handful of mung bean sprouts, optional
- 1/4 cup gluten free Szechuan sauce or other gluten free chinese/asian sauce of choice
- 3 cups cauliflower rice or broccoli rice (*about 1 small to medium head of cauliflower)
- 2 Tbsp beef broth (you can skip if your veggies are less starchy. The broth just gives the casserole more flavor.)
- 6 Eggland’s Best cage free or organic eggs (2 in stir fry and 4 on top, soft baked)
- chopped scallion and cilantro to top
- sesame seeds and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil to a wok or large pan and heat to medium high. If you are wanting to add meat, do so here. Simply stir fry until browned and mostly cooked (in sesame oil), then remove meat and set aside. If you are making the vegetarian option, skip the browning and go straight to adding your shallot, ginger, and garlic to the wok/pan and stir fry ingredients until fragrant – about 2 minutes.
- Next add all of your stir fry veggies and sauce. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes again until well coated.
- Mix in your cauliflower rice, broth, and 2 eggs. The 2 eggs can be added to the stir fry whole, or whisked then added. Either works!
- Stir fry for an additional 3-4 minutes to create a fried cauliflower rice. All in all, the stir frying should not take longer than 10 minutes.
- Transfer wok/pan ingredients to an 8 x 11 casserole dish or baking dish.
- Crack 4 eggs on top of the casserole, spacing them out evenly. Cover with foil, and place in oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. For runny eggs, remove casserole from oven after 12-15 minutes of baking and slice the yolk in the middle to create a runny egg (similar to pictures in blog).
- Return casserole to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Cool before freezing, or serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds and optional red pepper flakes.
- Freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
- To reheat from frozen, simply thaw overnight and reheat in oven. Or reheat in oven, covered in foil until warm.
Nutrition below based on serving without meat added
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: asian american
Keywords: casserole, fried rice, cauliflower, healthy, keto, paleo, low carb, dairy free, eggs, Asian