Asian Style BBQ pork cooked in an Instant Pot or on the stove top, then served in lettuce wraps with purple cabbage, crushed nuts and fresh cilantro. A healthier BBQ recipe that’s gluten free and dairy free.
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter or nut/seed butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine or rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup gluten free BBQ sauce
- 1–2 Tablespoons Sriracha or gluten free Asian chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
For the Pot/Pan
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds (20-24 ounces) boneless pork loin country-style ribs
- 2 Tablespoons refined avocado oil or light olive oil
- Splash lime juice
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth (this needs to be way more to prevent burn.
- For serving
- 6 to 8 Boston bib lettuce leaves (more if needed)
- Shredded cabbage
- Cucumber slices
- Fresh chopped cilantro and scallions, to garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Optional garnish – chopped nuts
INSTANT POT VERSION (STOVE TOP VERSION IN NOTES)
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place 2 Tablespoons oil and the pork ribs in the Instant Pot. Place on SAUTE for 2 minutes, browning the pork ribs. Remove the ribs and place on a plate. Turn off saute
- Add 1/2 cup water or broth to the Instant Pot and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot (this will help prevent burning on the bottom). Whisk in the sticky sauce until combined.
- Place the ribs back in the pot, lock the Instant Pot lid and set the vent to closed. Select MANUAL (highest pressure) and cook for 15 minutes. Allow a natural release for 10 minutes then switch knob to quick release to stop cooking. *Careful as pressure still might be releasing when placed on quick release.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Reserve sauce for basting, if desired.
- To assemble, place the sliced pork into the lettuce leaves and top with chopped cabbage, cucumber, cilantro, and garnishes. Spoon extra sauce on top. Add a splash of lime before serving.
- Store leftover pork in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Alternative Method – STOVE TOP OPTION – Follow Step 1 & 2 (prepare sauce, sear ribs). Add an extra 2 to 3 Tablespoons of water/broth to mix in with the sauce and ribs in a medium-sized saucepan. Cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes. Continue to coat the ribs while cooking. Check for doneness around 20 minutes. The sauce tends to stick more on the stove top pan than in the Instant Pot.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15-20
- Category: dinner
- Method: pressure cook
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1 lettuce wrap with cabbage topping
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 414.1 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 22.6 g
- Cholesterol: 71.9 mg
Keywords: instant pot, Chinese, bbq, pork, wraps, low carb, healthy, gluten free, BBQ pork, ribs