Made with just 10 ingredients, this Vegan Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus is a nutritious dip perfect to eat by the spoonful or add to a snack board for a treat everyone will love!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed (See notes)
- 2 Tablespoons no-stir almond butter or sunflower seed butter (See notes)
- 2 teaspoons naturally refined coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons canned coconut milk or coconut cream
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons sugar-free powdered sugar (Omit for a less sweet option)
- 1/4 cup dairy free white chocolate and/or dark chocolate chips
- Add the rinsed chickpeas, no-stir almond butter, coconut oil, salt, vanilla extract, baking soda, coconut milk, and maple syrup to the bowl of a food processor. Blend to combine.
- Add the sugar-free powdered sugar, if using, and blend again until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust to desired sweetness.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl. Top it with dark or white chocolate chips.
- Serve on a platter with any snacks desired (berries, refined sugar-free dark chocolate, almond flour cookies, gluten free pretzels and/or gluten free graham crackers, etc.)
- For a smoother texture, remove the skins from the chickpeas before using them.
- Sunflower seed butter will turn green when mixed with baking soda.
- Adjust the sweetness of this dessert hummus by adding more or less maple syrup or powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 376.4mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chickpeas, dessert, cookie dough, dessert hummus, hummus dip, snack, vegan, vegetarain, gluten free, dairy free