Well it happened. I got sick as a dog on Wednesday night and in bed all day yesterday with the flu. Oh man oh man was that brutal! I don’t remember the last time I had the flu.
Today is a little better but I definitely need to keep it easy.
So I won’t be doing the these Crazy Cotter GI Jane moves anytime soon. But you can, and then report back. Ok?
I’m also hoping my appetite comes back soon. So much goodness around the interwebs.
Mmmm Ginger, I think I need that for my flu symptoms… ASAP.
· 1 and 1/2 cups GF Flour (or regular flour)
· 2 tbsp. crunchy PB (Nuttzo works great!)
· 1/2 c peanut butter flour (could also use almond meal or coconut flour)
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1-2 tsp ground ginger (can also use fresh)
· 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
· Dash of salt
· Sweetener of choice– I used liquid vanilla stevia. You can also use 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar.
· 1 banana, mashed
· 2 eggs
· milk (I used a little less than 1/4 -1/2 cup almond milk depending on thickness of batter)
Directions: Mix flour, baking powder, and spices/salt. In separate bowl, mix carrots, banana, stirred egg and sweetener. Combine with dry ingredients and then add in your milk. Mix batter thoroughly. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake @ 350 for 45-50 minutes. Might be longer depending on your oven. So be sure to check at 45 minutes. I’m also thinking they would make great muffins too! If you want to add more fiber to the bread, try mixing in pysllium husk fiber! maybe 2 tbsp. [/print_this]
Also, you gotta try this dish, another strange but good Cotter concoction. GF Pasta Carbonara with hard Boiled egg and Chili Sauce on top. It’s a Kiwi Cotter favorite!
Short and sweet today, the meds are fading.
Sick in bed Sherpa
If you are ever sick, read this post. It makes total sense! I am actually glad I got the FORCED rest!