So yesterday morning, the hubs and I were recruited for a little help. You see, every Saturday during the months of November and December, our gym (where I train and teach classes) puts on a HUGE FREE bootcamp for all the members (non-members pay a small fee). We set up 60-65 stations throughout the gym. Some are cardio, some are plyometric, some are functional, etc. 45 seconds on each station and 10-15 seconds rest. Its one sweaty mess! Here’s a little motivation to get you to the gym!
Since I didn’t get to workout out with them, I did my own circuit afterwards. After picking the brains of some other trainers, here’s what I ended up with. Let m know if you try it!
Thanksgiving BURNOUT Circuit
- .25 miles on treadmill at 8mph (fast pace for you but not full out sprint), ½ mile on bike at 10 resistance and 85rpm, followed by 2 minutes on stairmill at level 14
- squat press- medium heavy weight (12-15 reps)
- reverse lunge with front raise (16 reps- medium weight)
- Single leg squats with medium heavy weight (10 each leg)
- windshield wipers (20 reps)
- v-ups (20 reps)
- ball tucks or hanging abs (20 reps)
- 25 miles on treadmill at 8mph (fast pace for you but not full out sprint), ½ mile on bike at 10 resistance and 85rpm, followed by 2 minutes on stairmill at level 14
- chest press –medium heavy weight (12-15 reps)
- pull ups- very light assistance (10-15 reps)
- bar curl-medium heavy weight (12-15 reps)
- skull crushers- medium heavy weight (12-15 reps)
- High Box or Bench Step ups- 10 on each leg with heavy weights
- REPEAT 3X!!!
I finished with a 1.5 mile run so that I got in 3miles during this circuit. Took me about 75 minutes or so. Felt good. try to do without really taking breaks. It’s a non-stop circuit. Stretch after!
I am feeling the DOMS already. hehe! I made some yummy filler up GF thin bread. I’ll post the recipe soon. It’s perfect because you can use some of your thanksgiving leftovers and/or ingredients.