Grain Free Mixed Nut Muffins
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts – I used some honey roasted vanilla cashews and a few brazil nuts.
- 1/4 cup almond meal or flour (you can buy this or just finely grind up raw or roasted almonds in food processor)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1 tsp stevia or other sugar of choice
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed or ground chia
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 34 grams (1 serving) of vanilla protein powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- couple tbsp of almond milk (optional)
- Grind up your flavored nuts in blender or food processor. Mix them in with all other dry ingredients. stir in egg, unsweetened applesauce, and milk. Mix thoroughly. the batter will be thick and a little gritty. Add more milk if its too thick. Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12minutes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min