This Bourbon Chocolate Pumpkin Pie is the BEST pumpkin pie recipe – it’s a crustless pumpkin pie that’s EASY to make! Gluten free, dairy free and paleo!
- 15 oz canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk (almond milk will cook faster)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp refined melted coconut oil or clarified butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 ounce bourbon (substitute 1 to 2 tsp almond extract for non alcoholic version)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of arrowroot or tapioca flour.
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice – optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 ounce dark chocolate baking bar (I love this brand)
- crushed nuts – optional.
- EXTRA TOPPINGS – coconut whip, cocoa powder, maple syrup, or extra melted dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a pie pan or cake tin with parchment paper.
- Next combine your milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, bourbon, and butter in a mixing bowl. Add your pumpkin puree and mix with hand mixer or stand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl.
- In another small bowl, sift your coconut flour and then combine with your tapioca flour, spices, salt, baking powder. Mix together.
- Mix your dry batter with your blended egg/pumpkin batter. Stir together until smooth.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Heat it on medium high for about 45 seconds to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating in smaller intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the dark chocolate is completely melted. You can also do this on the stove top on medium to medium high. Just make sure chocolate has smooth consistency for end result.
- Two options here to add the chocolate. Fold chocolate into pumpkin batter OR our pumpkin batter into the prepared pie pan and then swirl your chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of crushed nuts on top. optional
- Bake for 50 minutes, cover will foil, then bake for 15 -20 minutes more. The edges will be crispy brown.
- Check the middle to make sure it’s no longer liquid. (see notes for more baking times)
- Remove from oven. If you are not serving this right away, place pie in the refrigerator to set more. It will still be custard like in the middle.
- Add Optional toppings
- For paleo version, omit bourbon or use almond extract in its place.
- You may also melt the dark chocolate with the bourbon and then swirl it in the pie.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 65
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 144.5 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 93.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie, paleo pie, crustless pie, chocolate, chocolate pumpkin pie, dessert