This Bourbon Chocolate Pumpkin Pie is the BEST pumpkin pie recipe – it’s a crustless pumpkin pie that’s EASY to make! Gluten free, dairy free and grain free!
- 15 oz canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounce dark chocolate baking bar
- Toppings – coconut whipped cream, optional melted dark chocolate, crushed nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, eggs, bourbon, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to heat in 15 to 20 seconds intervals (stirring after each time) until the chocolate is melted.
- Before adding batter to the pie pan, either fold melted chocolate into pumpkin batter or pour pumpkin batter into the pie pan and swirl melted chocolate on top.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes then uncover the pie and bake an additional 15 -20 minutes or until the edges are browned and the middle of the pie barely moves when you gently shake the pan back and forth. Remove pie from the oven.
- Allow pie to cool for 30 minutes and serve warm with optional toppings or place pie in the refrigerator to chill for firmer texture.
- Store the pie covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Cooking Tip – The chocolate can be melted in a small pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Stir until melted or about 5 minutes.
Storage Tip – Allow baked pie to chill in the fridge overnight for firmer texture. Serve cold, room temp, or slightly warmed in the oven.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 65
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 145.7 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 93.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie, paleo pie, crustless pie, chocolate, chocolate pumpkin pie, gluten free dessert, dairy free pie