Berry Mini Cheesecake Smoothies packed with protein, wholesome ingredients, & vegan option. No protein powder needed. A tasty breakfast or healthy dessert!
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 6 – 8 ounces chilled coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese or (1/3 cup soaked raw cashews for vegans. See notes)
- dash of cinnamon (extra for topping)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour or almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- To make Creamier add in 1/4 c chilled coconut cream or coconut milk (remove excess water if needed if it’s solidified). This optional but helps make it thick!
- toasted crushed nuts/almonds to top.
- Optional stevia/xylitol sweetener to taste. Or Add in honey if you are not wanting it low carb
- Optional add ins -> hemp protein, vanilla whey, pitted dates, etc).
- Note -> if you want to add in the coconut cream for extra thickness, be sure to place a can of coconut cream or coconut milk in fridge to harden overnight. Vegans, see in notes for making cashew cream.
- Place fruit and milk in blender. Blend until creamy.
- Scoop in cottage cheese or vegan cashew cream and blend again.
- Add in cinnamon, vanilla, coconut or almond flour, almond butter, extracts, blend one last time until a thick smoothie is form.
- Taste to see if you need to adjust sweetness. Add stevia, xylitol syrup, or honey if needed. If you are not watching carbohydrate intake or sugar, feel free to add in 2-3 dates or a banana and blend again.
- Pour into dessert cups. Top with cinnamon, crushed toasted almonds, coconut sugar, etc.
- If you want to add in the coconut cream for extra thickness, be sure to place a can of coconut cream or coconut milk in fridge to harden overnight.
- Vegan option – Soak your cashew in purified water for at least 2 hrs or longer. Place cashews in blender or food processor with 1/4 cup water or nut milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Blend until a cashew creamy is formed. Stop and scrape sides if needed. This add this to smoothie in place of cottage cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 3.8mg
Keywords: smoothies, low carb, protein smoothie, cheesecake smoothie, vegan