Gluten Free Beet Basil & Potato Mash
- A little less than a 1lb of red potatoes
- · 4 plain cooked beets
- · 4 tbsp cultured ream cheese, feta, or dairy free cream cheese
- · 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- · 1/2 to 1 tsp minced garlic
- · Black pepper (to taste)
- · 1 or 2 chopped bell peppers or banana peppers (optional)
- Peel the potatoes (or leave some skin on if you prefer) and add them to a pot of boiling water with a little bit of sea salt.
- Cook on medium or medium low for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- While the new potatoes are cooking, cut your beets in halves or quarters. Then add to your pot and simmer for a few minutes more. Remove from heat and drain the water.
- Add about 3 heaping spoonful’s of cream cheese, your chopped basil, garlic, and pepper. I also added a few banana peppers for spice. Mash until smooth or keep it chunky, whichever way you prefer.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min