Balsamic-Glazed Pears on Gluten Free Rye Toast
- 1 red bartlett pear (sliced)
- 4 pieces gluten free rye style bread
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 oz baby swiss cheese or vegan cheese of choice (Daiya cheese works great!)
- 1 cup arugula salad
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- First toast your rye bread and set aside.
- Slice your pear into strips and add honey, dash of sea salt, and balsamic vinegar to a small pan and sautee on medium heat for about 5 minutes. HOney will bubble a little bit.
- Next place your cheese on your toast and place under over or toaster oven on medium heat until melted.
- Place a small bunch of arugula on top of cheese and then add about 3 or 4 slices of pear on top of that.
- Drizzle with the remaining glaze from the pan.
- Garnish with a pinch of sea salt on each
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min