Grain free, gluten free, and egg free Avocado Tomato Gouda Socca Pizza is made with chickpea flour and topped with Avocado, Gouda, Tomato, and Greens! Seriously easy to make! Vegan recipe option.
For the Socca Pizza Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour (see notes for brands)
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper each (to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil (1 tbsp for heating pan)
- 1 tsp minced Garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp of Onion powder or any other herbed seasoning of choice (optional). You can also use dried herbs here.
- 10 to 12 inch Pan to heat in oven (cast iron works great. See notes for size)
Socca Pizza Toppings:
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 oz Gouda (sliced thin). Goats milk Gouda works too. See notes for vegan option.
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Tomato sauce
- 2–3 tbsp chopped green onion/scallion
- Sprouted greens (onion greens, kale, or broccoli) to top
- Extra Salt/pepper to sprinkle on top
- Red pepper flakes
- First Mix your flour, 2 tbsp olive oil, water, and herbs/seasoning together. Whisk until smooth. It’s best to let it sit for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- While the batter is sitting, preheat oven to broil. Place your pan in the oven to heat for 10 minutes.
- While the pan is preheating, chop/slice your vegetables. Set aside.
- Using oven mitts, remove pan after 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat pan
- Gently pour in your chickpea/socca batter. Tilt pan so the batter fills and is even. (see notes on pan size)
- Turn oven down to 425F and place pan back in oven for 5- 8 minutes or so. Just until the batter is set. If you are using a bigger pan, the pizza will be thinner and will probably bake faster, so check at 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top. Then add your sliced tomato and avocado. Place your gouda slices on top of the tomato and avocado. Green onion can go on the top or you can wait to add in fresh last.
- Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and the socca bread is crispy and brown on outside.
- Remove from the oven. You should be able to slide the pizza crust onto a stone or heat safe surface.
- Add a bunch of sprouts/microgreens on top then any additional toppings. Like more onion, alt/pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle olive oil on top. Slice and serve.
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 257mg
- Fat: 24.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: socca pizza, chickpea flatbread, Farinata Genovese, gluten free, egg free