These Mexican avocado egg salad wraps make for a perfect low carb veggie packed lunch! Paleo Avocado Egg Salad seasoned with Mexican spices and jalapeño, all wrapped up in lettuce wraps (kale, lettuce, or collard greens all work)! Whole 30 friendly, gluten free, and grain free.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz fire roasted green chilies (canned, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced or 1/4 c chopped white or red onion
- 5 large leafy greens (kale, lettuce, or collard greens all work)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- juice of one lime
- red pepper flakes garnish
- 1–2 jalapeños
- additional salt/pepper to season after blending
- sprouts to garnish
- Optional- Paleo Mayo or Olive Oil
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Remove yolk and place in food processor or blender. Keep the egg whites for later.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, green chilies, spices, garlic, and optional jalapeños slices (just a few) in the food processor or blender. Blend until an egg salad consistency is formed. Taste to see if it needs more salt/pepper, to your liking. Add additional avocado, paleo mayo, or oil if you want it extra creamy.
- Chop up a few of the extra whites from the hard boiled eggs and mix into egg salad.
- Next clean your collard green wraps and place in a towel. Pat dry. Place the leaves/wraps in microwave to steam for 30 -40 seconds. This will make them easier to bend. Remove and place on a plate.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the avocado egg salad into each wrap.
- Top with bell pepper slices, optional jalapeños slices, a dash of lime, sprouts, and red pepper flakes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- The avocado egg salad will keep in sealed container in fridge for 5 days or so.
- If you don’t have avocado, feel free to use chipotle paleo mayo. .
- Category: lunch
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: wraps, egg salad, paleo, low carb, healthy, avocado egg salad