These Mexican avocado egg salad wraps make for a perfect low carb veggie packed lunch! Paleo Avocado Egg Salad seasoned with Mexican spices and jalapeño, all wrapped up in collard greens! Whole 30 friendly, gluten free, and grain free.
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz fire roasted green chilies (canned, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced or 1/4 c chopped white or red onion
- 5 large collard greens
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- juice of one lime
- red pepper flakes garnish
- 1–2 jalapeños
- additional salt/pepper to season after blending
- sprouts to garnish
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- *Optional* Paleo Mayo or Olive Oil
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Remove yolk and place in food processor or blender. Keep the egg whites for later.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, green chilies, spices, garlic, and optional jalapeños slices (just a few) in the food processor or blender. Blend until an egg salad consistency is formed. Taste to see if it needs more salt/pepper, to your liking. Add additional avocado, paleo mayo, or oil if you want it extra creamy.
- Chop up a few of the extra whites from the hard boiled eggs and mix into egg salad.
- Next clean your collard green wraps and place in a towel. Pat dry. Place the leaves/wraps in microwave to steam for 30 -40 seconds. This will make them easier to bend. Remove and place on a plate.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the avocado egg salad into each wrap.
- Top with bell pepper slices, optional jalapeños slices, a dash of lime, sprouts, and red pepper flakes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- The avocado egg salad will keep in sealed container in fridge for 5 days or so.
- If you don’t have avocado, feel free to use chipotle paleo mayo.
- Lettuce wraps or romaine leafs also work!
- For less spicyness, omit jalapeños. You can also use regular green chilies, canned or fresh.
- Category: lunch
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: wraps, egg salad, paleo, low carb, healthy, avocado egg salad