Don’t answer my title, we all know the its true. No question about it. But hey, who isn’t nut these days. Especially during the holidays!
This week has been the “gifting” week! You know, your neighbors, family friends, clients, etc. all send you baskets full chocolate, coffee, cookies, bread, etc. We just so happened to get a lot of these….
They must know I really like nuts, like A LOT! Actually, they all know I am gluten intolerant so most other baked good are out of the picture, haha. Unless they are homemade of course. 🙂
So what’s a girl to do with an abundance of mixed nuts? Well, back to the kitchen of course. I may not be the best BAKER like this girl, but at least I am resourceful!
Mixed Nuts GF MUFFINS
- ¼ cup nuts (from mix)- I used some honey roasted vanilla peanuts
- ¼ cup almond meal or flour (you can buy this or just finely grind up raw or roasted almonds in food processor)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1 teaspoon stevia or other sugar of choice
- 1 tsbp flaxseed
- ¼ cup eggwhites
- 34 grams (1 serving) of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- dash of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- couple tablespoon of almond milk (optional)
Grind up your flavored nuts in blender or food processor. Mix them in with all other dry ingredients. stir in egg, unsweetened applesauce, and milk. Mix thoroughly. the batter will be thick and a little gritty. Add more milk if its too thick. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 6 muffins or 12 mini muffins.
Regular sized muffins- Calories 89.5 Fat 4.9 g Saturated Fat 0.6 g Carbohydrate 5.1 g Fiber 2.6 g Sugars 0.5 g Protein 7.3 g
Told ya I liked nuts!
Going along with my “nuts” theme. My bootcamp class asked for a Torture Tuesday workout today in order burn off some Holiday stress. I guess they really haven’t enjoyed the Holiday marathon, but they asked for it and I kindly EMBRACED that request! Lets just say we all felt a little nutty after. Not sure if it was the endorphin high or the burn in our legs that caused it, haha. I’m thinking I’ll post it later, but for now I’ll leave you with this……
What goes well with with nut muffins? JAM! My jams to go along with the nutty workout. Sorry I did not warn you about the corniness!
- Fly Life Xtra 9:19 EP Basement Jaxx
- Cold War 3:24 The ArchAndroid Janelle Monáe
- Reveal (Extended Mix) 7:15 Reveal – EP East & Young
- Nightmarer 2:47 Nightmarer – EP Queens Club
- Need You 3:23 Lazarus (Deluxe Version) Travie McCoy
- Surprise Hotel 6:48 Surprise Hotel – Discovery Download Fool’s Gold
- Great DJ 3:23 We Started Nothing The Ting Tings
- Get Up (Diplo Remix) 4:15 I Love Techno 2008 Bingo Players
- All You Need Is Now 4:34 – Single Duran Duran
- Hot 3:37 Hot Inna
- Hey Hey (DF’s Attention Vocal Mix) 7:16 Hey Hey – EP Dennis Ferrer
- Why I Am 3:53 Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King Dave Matthews Band
- Medicine (Radio Mix) 2:50 Medicine – EP Kim Leoni
- Shark In the Water 3:06 Shark In the Water – Single V.V. Brown
What the best holiday gift basket or baked goods you’ve gotten this month? Whats the worst?
Happy torture tuesday!