Oh goodness! Hello! Where are we? What day is it? haha, that’s kind of how I feel. But all is good now. Let me back up and explain…..in bullet points.
- Left Dallas for NZ Friday Morning.
- Had a 9 hour layover in San Francisco
- Thank goodness we had the hubs’ coach to rescue us. We crashed at his place 10 minutes from the airport and grabbed lunch. During that time I managed to:
- Ripped my shirt and had to buy a new one
- stepped in dog poop (perfect smell for the 13 hour plane ride to come)
- Freak out about my messed up flight confirmation
- Hopped on the 13 hour flight from SF to Auckland, NZ.
- Had been up for 18 hours already.
- In the air we got our special GF meal. (love that)
- While I waited for my meal I sipped on a glass on NZ wine
- I also took an ambien (bad decision on an empty stomach).
- Meal came and I felt sick. Took a bite of the dessert and threw everything up, multiple times.
- Passed out.
- Woke up 7 hours later with throw up in my hair and on the hubs’ shirt.
- Had only 2 hours left of the flight and kinda felt happy, a little “wooey,” but not too bad.
- Drank some special NZ gingerale and all was good.
- Landed in Auckland, grabbed a “flat white” with the hubs and boarded our last flight to Christchurch.
- Home sweet….new home!
- Tried to figure out the internet but my cute mother in law is on dial up.
- Went to bed at 9pm when it was still light out.
- Woke up at 4am (jetlagged)
- Got the hubs up, ready to go at 5:30am. It was bright then!
- Shopped at the local grocer and tried to figure out all the kilojoule conversion. Gave up and just grabbed what looked good. I like that method better anyway.
- Went to the local swim/health club and signed up.
- The hubs’ drove in our borrowed car and had to re-learn the “left side of the road” driving method. I don’t think I helped much either. haha.
- Tried to figure out the new workout equipment and looked like a fool. I am lifting in pounds or kilos? I’m confused.
- A few trainers came and spoke to me and asked where I was from….I’m the cool one with the accent now.
- Hubs’ and I hopped in the car in search of internet cards a local cell phone.
- Walked around the town and realized everyone is barefoot, hmmm. Barefoot is cool I guess.
- 2 days later we have a phone (similar to the one I had in 1999!!)
- 2 days later, I have internet. I have to admit, life without it is not too shabby.
- Enjoying some NZ wine and taking it all in.
Life it getting settled. Slowly but surely. Thanks for always following! Can’t wait to reconnect!
Catch me up! How was your weekend?
Cheers from Down Under!