Cake bites are an easy gluten free dessert, perfect for the holidays or parties. Make this your go-to recipe – just 5 ingredients + NO baking! Vegan and paleo recipe options too.
- 1 cup gluten free cake mix (you can use paleo or vegan gluten free cake mix. I used [url] Pamela’s Yellow Cake ∞http://amzn.to/2foRZna[/url] Vegan Mix
- 1 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup no stir creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more cup dark and/or white chocolate divided. Baking Chocolate chips work too. (you will use some for coating for baking chocolate work best). See notes for vegan chocolate
- optional Vanilla 1 tsp
- Place your cake mix and almond flour in a large bowl. Mix together until it’s no longer clumpy.
- Chop part of your chocolate into bits. Or use white chocolate chips. Add in 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup to the mix.
- Add your almond butter. Stir ingredients all together.
- Add in your maple syrup a little at time. Then mix with spoon or your hands. If batter is too runny, add more almond flour.
- Add in optional vanilla extract then mix again well with hands.
- Roll into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheet or plastic ware lined with parchment paper underneath.
- Next melt the other half of your chocolate. If using melting chocolate, just place in microwave 1 minute at a time until melted. You can use white or dark chocolate to coat them and another to drizzle on top. Note: If you are using white or chocolate chips to melt, add in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to help make the melted chocolate smoother.
- Dip each gluten free cake bite in your melted chocolate. Place back on cookie tray. Repeat until all are coated. If you run out of chocolate, just melt more.
- Last, take a whisk and dip it in your melted chocolate. Drizzle this over the bites. You can use dark chocolate here if you already used white chocolate.
- Place in freezer and Let them set for 20-30 minutes, then transfer into a sealed container if not using right away.
- Store in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- The batter can get sticky depending on how fine your flour is. Just add more almond flour or even coconut flour to thicken. Or let batter sit in fridge longer after mixing.
- If the batter is too runny, just Place fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes so it can harden a little bit before rolling.
- We use enjoy life for vegan dark chocolate chips. There is a vegan white chocolate but I’m not sure how it will melt.
- See my recipe for vegan chocolate magic shell if you’d like to use that to coat the cake balls.
- Nutrition depends on the type of gluten free cake mix you use. Nutrition shown is for one ball, coated with dairy free chocolate.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 29.6mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy gluten free desserts, cake bites, gluten free, paleo