No bake gluten free cake bites (or cake balls) require just 5 simple ingredients and NO baking. YES! All the worlds problems are now solved.
Kidding. But really, these no bake cake balls are perfect for the holidays, parties, your sweet tooth, and more! You can adapt the recipe to make them allergy friendly, or even paleo and vegan friendly.
Holy Schmoly one week left till December and I totally forgot to share this November’s No Bake Healthy Bites recipe. Actually, this easy cake bites recipe is so good, I almost didn’t want to share. I became… what’s the word? Infatuated with them. What’s not to love? Just 5 ingredients and no baking. SCORE! 5 ingredient no bake cake bites. Gluten free cake bites.
No Bake Gluten Free Cake Bites or Cake Balls – 5 Simple Ingredients
To make the gluten free cake bites, err, cake balls, all you need are 5 gluten free ingredients:
- A little bit of almond flour.
- Gluten free or grain free cake mix.
- Almond butter
- Vanilla extract, and
- Maple syrup
That’s it! Just mix the gluten free cake batter, roll, coat with chocolate, and freeze for no bake cake balls or easy cake bites!
So what happened was that I created the no bake gluten free cake bites, err, cake balls first, then decided it needed a topping. Then decided it needed 2 toppings. I couldn’t stop ya’ll. I was on a ROLL (haha, pun intended).
Then I had friends and family taste test. Then I hid the rest from my husband so I could have them. You think I am kidding, but I am not.
But hear me out. I do have a purpose for the infatuation. In fact, when creating these no bake gluten free cake bites, I had three main objectives in mind. Besides eating and drooling.
Yep, you’re going to get a sneak peak into my mind.
Everyone and their mother is making cookies and pies. I mean, tis the season. So of course it’s a must! But I wanted to make a gluten free holiday recipe that doesn’t require an oven (no bake) and that kids can make (5 ingredients for less mess)! All hail the no bake gluten free cake bites recipe!
I’ve already made boozy no bake gluten free cake bites, and boozy banana bread bites. Maybe I should lay off the booze this month and replace it with say, chocolate coating? Yes, chocolate covered gluten free cake bites. And the option to make them paleoish, with dark chocolate. I aim to please.
Simpler recipes, easy to read, adaptable for certain allergies, etc. It’s the perfect ebook for the holidays or whenever. I’m giving away one for free, if you subscribe to this blog thing here. LOL! And the other is just a wee fee for 13 no bake bites recipes. Ahem… or you just search my No Bake archives for a massive amount of gluten free, paleo, and vegan friendly bite recipes.
To have your cake and eat it too! Without the guilt. The simple 5 ingredients that make the cake are actually “healthier” than real cake. GASP! I know. You’re stunned.
Okay the white chocolate isn’t healthy, but you can buy Ghirardelli’s white chocolate. It’s made with REAL ingredients. No additives. No they didn’t pay me to say that. Although I wish they did. Haha.
Side note –> You can also use my vegan/paleo dark chocolate magic shell to coat these no bake gluten free cake bites. 😉
Okay now that I’ve gotten all my objectives out of the way, let’s get the cake balls rollin’. Literally!
5 ingredient No Bake Gluten Free Cake Bites
For a quick snack idea, an easy dessert recipe, or just because.Print
Gluten free cake balls made with 5 simple ingredients. This no bake gluten free cake bites recipe is quick and easy to make! Vegan and paleo recipe options. Perfect for holiday parties!
- 1 cup gluten free cake mix (you can use paleo or vegan gluten free cake mix. I used [url] Pamela’s Yellow Cake ∞http://amzn.to/2foRZna[/url] Vegan Mix
- 1 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup no stir creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more cup dark and/or white chocolate divided. Baking Chocolate chips work too. (you will use some for coating for baking chocolate work best). See notes for vegan chocolate
- optional Vanilla 1 tsp
- Place your cake mix and almond flour in a large bowl. Mix together until it’s no longer clumpy.
- Chop part of your chocolate into bits. Or use white chocolate chips. Add in 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup to the mix.
- Add your almond butter. Stir ingredients all together.
- Add in your maple syrup a little at time. Then mix with spoon or your hands. If batter is too runny, add more almond flour.
- Add in optional vanilla extract then mix again well with hands.
- Roll into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheet or plastic ware lined with parchment paper underneath.
- Next melt the other half of your chocolate. If using melting chocolate, just place in microwave 1 minute at a time until melted. You can use white or dark chocolate to coat them and another to drizzle on top. Note: If you are using white or chocolate chips to melt, add in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to help make the melted chocolate smoother.
- Dip each gluten free cake bite in your melted chocolate. Place back on cookie tray. Repeat until all are coated. If you run out of chocolate, just melt more.
- Last, take a whisk and dip it in your melted chocolate. Drizzle this over the bites. You can use dark chocolate here if you already used white chocolate.
- Place in freezer and Let them set for 20-30 minutes, then transfer into a sealed container if not using right away.
- Store in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- The batter can get sticky depending on how fine your flour is. Just add more almond flour or even coconut flour to thicken. Or let batter sit in fridge longer after mixing.
- If the batter is too runny, just Place fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes so it can harden a little bit before rolling.
- We use enjoy life for vegan dark chocolate chips. There is a vegan white chocolate but I’m not sure how it will melt.
- See my recipe for vegan chocolate magic shell if you’d like to use that to coat the cake balls.
- Nutrition depends on the type of gluten free cake mix you use. Nutrition shown is for one ball, coated with dairy free chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 29.6mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no bake gluten free cake bites, cake balls, no bake cake, chocolate desserts
I know you all are super busy with last minute Holiday Entertaining and Thanksgiving prep, so just file this recipe under “IT’S A KEEPER!!”
Then once you’re sick of turkey and pie, look no further.
A cake ball recipe to make for cookie exchanges, DIY food gifts (goes great with homemade trail mix), parties, or you get your kids to make them and give you a break in the kitchen. Just sayin….
Okay friends, safe travels, eat up, enjoy family, take a nap, then report back Friday for Turkey leftovers. Mmm k?
Favorite Gluten free cake mix… Do you have a favorite? Share it! Please?