Cake bites are an easy gluten free dessert but this recipe may be the easiest ever! All you need are 5 simple ingredients. Plus, this is a NO BAKE treat!
Seriously, these no bake goodies are perfect for the holidays. That is usually my high demand time for needing an easy gluten free dessert.
The last-minute cookie exchange invitation, your sweet tooth, and more! You can adapt the recipe to make them allergy friendly, or even paleo and vegan friendly.
Holy Schmoly one week left till December and I totally forgot to share this November’s No Bake Healthy Bites recipe. Actually, this easy cake bites recipe is so good, I almost didn’t want to share. I became… what’s the word? Infatuated with them. What’s not to love? Just 5 ingredients and no baking. SCORE! 5 ingredient no bake cake bites. Gluten free cake bites.
5-ingredient cake bites
To make the recipe, all you need are 5 gluten free ingredients:
- Almond flour
- Gluten free cake mix
- Nut butter – I use almond butter but any variety will work. For a NUT FREE option, you can use sunflower butter
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
To make them, just mix the gluten free cake batter with the almond flour, roll, coat with melted chocolate, and freeze.
Then, you’ll have no bake cake bites ready to give away or devour.
3 reasons to make this recipe
REASON ONE – no baking required.
Everyone and their mother is making cookies and pies. I mean, tis the season. So of course it’s a must! But I wanted to make an easy gluten free dessert that doesn’t require an oven (no bake) and that kids can make (5 ingredients, for less mess)! All hail the no bake gluten free cake bites recipe!
REASON TWO – Kid and allergy friendly.
But, during the holiday season, you may have younger family members and/or non-drinkers around. So, we replace booze with chocolate! You will never hear me say that’s a bad thing.
REASON THREE – Celebrations require cake.
Simpler recipes, easy to read, adaptable for certain allergies, etc. It’s the perfect ebook for holiday gift-giving or whenever.
Or, just search my No Bake archives for a massive amount of gluten free, paleo, and vegan friendly bite recipes.
To have your cake and eat it too!
A guilt-free holiday treat. The simple 5 ingredients in the cake bites are actually “healthier” than real cake!
Okay the white chocolate isn’t healthy, but you can buy Ghirardelli’s white chocolate. It’s made with REAL ingredients. No additives. No they didn’t pay me to say that. Although I wish they did. Haha.
NOTE: You can also use my vegan/paleo dark chocolate magic shell to coat the cake bites. 😉
Okay now that I’ve gotten all my objectives out of the way, let’s get the cake balls rollin’. Literally!
Other easy gluten free desserts to make
Cake bites are an easy gluten free dessert, perfect for the holidays or parties. Make this your go-to recipe – just 5 ingredients + NO baking! Vegan and paleo recipe options too.
- 1 cup gluten free cake mix (you can use paleo or vegan gluten free cake mix. I used [url] Pamela’s Yellow Cake ∞http://amzn.to/2foRZna[/url] Vegan Mix
- 1 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup no stir creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more cup dark and/or white chocolate divided. Baking Chocolate chips work too. (you will use some for coating for baking chocolate work best). See notes for vegan chocolate
- optional Vanilla 1 tsp
- Place your cake mix and almond flour in a large bowl. Mix together until it’s no longer clumpy.
- Chop part of your chocolate into bits. Or use white chocolate chips. Add in 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup to the mix.
- Add your almond butter. Stir ingredients all together.
- Add in your maple syrup a little at time. Then mix with spoon or your hands. If batter is too runny, add more almond flour.
- Add in optional vanilla extract then mix again well with hands.
- Roll into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheet or plastic ware lined with parchment paper underneath.
- Next melt the other half of your chocolate. If using melting chocolate, just place in microwave 1 minute at a time until melted. You can use white or dark chocolate to coat them and another to drizzle on top. Note: If you are using white or chocolate chips to melt, add in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to help make the melted chocolate smoother.
- Dip each gluten free cake bite in your melted chocolate. Place back on cookie tray. Repeat until all are coated. If you run out of chocolate, just melt more.
- Last, take a whisk and dip it in your melted chocolate. Drizzle this over the bites. You can use dark chocolate here if you already used white chocolate.
- Place in freezer and Let them set for 20-30 minutes, then transfer into a sealed container if not using right away.
- Store in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- The batter can get sticky depending on how fine your flour is. Just add more almond flour or even coconut flour to thicken. Or let batter sit in fridge longer after mixing.
- If the batter is too runny, just Place fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes so it can harden a little bit before rolling.
- We use enjoy life for vegan dark chocolate chips. There is a vegan white chocolate but I’m not sure how it will melt.
- See my recipe for vegan chocolate magic shell if you’d like to use that to coat the cake balls.
- Nutrition depends on the type of gluten free cake mix you use. Nutrition shown is for one ball, coated with dairy free chocolate.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 29.6mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy gluten free desserts, cake bites, gluten free, paleo
I know you all are super busy with last minute Holiday Entertaining and Thanksgiving prep, so just file this recipe under “IT’S A KEEPER!!”
Then once you’re sick of turkey and pie, look no further.
You can make cake bites for cookie exchanges, DIY food gifts (goes great with homemade trail mix), parties, etc.
Or, get your kids to make them and give you a break in the kitchen. Just sayin….