These paleo pancakes are completely magical! They’re flourless protein pancakes made with just 4 simple ingredients, but they have NO flour and NO protein powder. Completely grain free, low carb, sugar free, and dairy free.
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (no stir nut butter works best)
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp flax meal or 1 tsp psyllium powder
Optional mix ins or toppings
- 2–3 tsp chia seed to increase plant protein
- toppings – dark chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, etc.
- Pre-heat a non-stick griddle, or pan over medium heat. If using a non-stick griddle, you will not need to grease the pan with oil or butter before adding batter.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Use an immersion blender (regular hand blender or one with whisk attachment) to blend everything together until nut butter is combined with eggs and batter is smooth. About 1 minute. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also whisk by hand or use a blender. Just make sure batter is smooth and can be scooped with a measuring cup.
- Before adding the batter to a pan, add a 1/2 tbsp of butter or oil or using cooking spray. The butter should be very hot but not smoking.
- When hot, pour 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup scoop of batter onto pan or griddle and and cook until the edges start to brown and bubbles form in the middle
- Flip pancakes over and cook until brown and cooked through. Repeat until all of batter is used.
- Serve hot.
- This makes around 4 -5 medium pancakes or 7-9 silver dollar pancakes.
- The key to creating flourless pancakes that are light and fluffy is to incorporate air into the batter. The easiest way to do this is with a hand blender (immersion blender) fitted with a whisk attachment. If you don’t own one, you could mix the batter in a high speed blender.
- If you want to make thinner pancakes, stir 1 to 2 tbsp milk into the pancake batter.
- Make sure to cool the pancakes to room temperature before freezing. Freeze between parchment paper to prevent sticking. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 2 medium pancakes
Keywords: paleo pancakes, protein pancakes, grain free, low carb, sugar free, flourless