Fruit Hand pies made with just 3 ingredients! Gluten free, easy, real food based.
- [url] 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Pie Crust ∞https://www.cottercrunch.com/3-ingredient-gluten-free-pie-crust/[/url] one batch using half a loaf of gluten free bread See notes for substitutes
- 8 –10 ounces organic fruit pie filling (I used non-gmo Apple Pie filing with cinnamon and nutmeg)
- butter or melted coconut oil/vegan butter for brushing
- optional ingredients (see notes)
- First make sure you have your gluten free pie crust dough ready. It’s super EASY! Chill dough in fridge if you have time. About one hour.
- Next roll out the down using a rolling pin and parchment paper between the dough and rolling pin. Or sprinkle with gluten free flour so it doesn’t stick.
- Once you get it flat, about 1/4 to 1/8 inch, cut the dough in 5 to 6 inch circles. You can use a lid from a pan or tupperware lid. Do this to make about 4-5 circles.
- Place 1 tbsp or so of fruit pie filling in the center.
- Gently fold dough in half to seal the pie. Press ends together then prick edges with a fork. Place on baking tray.
- Brush each pie with little bit of melted butter or coconut oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve right away or cover in plastic (once cooled) and keep in fridge.
- Reheat in microwave before serving.
- If you want to double recipe be sure to make two batch of the gluten free pie crust dough, then combine the two. Best to use gluten free white bread
- If you have no time to make the dough, trying buying the pre-made gluten free dough at the store and rolling it out VERY thin. I know whole foods carries a few gluten free pre-made dough brands in the freezer section.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 hand pie
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 269.5mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: hand pies, fruit hand pies, gluten free desserts, kid friendly desserts