Hand pies are gluten free and made with just 3 ingredients! An easy fruit hand pies recipe that’s customizable, dairy free friendly, and QUICK! You will love how simple this hand held fruit pies recipe is! Perfect for brunch, dessert, or gluten free snacks.
Can I be real with you? Yes, real with you on Christmas Eve Eve. Tis the season for sharing all the feelings, ya know? So let me confess. Profess. Shout from the rooftops!
I’m READY to put this “exhaustion as an important status” behind us. Which is probably why I’ve been making all these 3 ingredient recipe hacks and ending the week on yet another minimal ingredient BLISSFUL recipe. Gluten Free 3 Ingredient Fruit Hand Pies. You’re welcome.
You see, I think a lot of us view the holidays as just trying to survive. Um, guilty. We’re trying to survive with busy schedules, all the holiday baking, working, being social (kinda), and so on. Like whoa!
Why do we over schedule ourselves and then claim to never sleep? Or sleep when we’re done. Which is never.
I’ve come to realize this status does not get us anywhere. In fact, it keeps us stuck in vicious cycle. I’m going to post more about that with my “reflections” of 2016 post. Haha, stay tuned.
In the meantime, I want to ease your exhaustion today. No, scratch that. I want to make life easier, enjoyable, and tasty (gluten free of course), these last few days of 2016 and into Christmas weekend. Mmmm k?
Fruit Hand Pies from Leftovers?!
So come sit around my table. Let’s make some of the worlds easiest gluten free hand held fruit pies, using LEFTOVER ingredients or simple real food ingredients you have in your pantry.
If you are running around trying to get last minute shopping done, these 3 Ingredient Fruit Hand Pies can be made in lickity split to feed those house guests.
You see where I am going with this? You need not stress or pull the all nighter baking up a storm. You need not act like Martha to impress guests or family. Let’s face it, scrappy recipe hacks are SOOOOO TRENDY! Follow the trend and get some extra sleep while you’re at it. Capeesh?
Okay, I will get off my high horse about the Holiday Hustle.
Ready to see what’s actually in these tasty fruit hand pies?
Ingredients in Fruit Hand Pies
- One –> Gluten Free Crust (from bread)
- Two –> Apple or any other Fruit Pie Filling (Non gmo, no high fructose corn syrup. Just the real deal.)
- Three –> a touch of vegan butter, coconut oil, or real butter. You choose!
How to Make Apple Hand Pies
The process for making these gluten free apple hand pies? Um .. RIDICULOUSLY EASY.
Just make sure you have some dough saved in multiple batches.
- Roll out the dough
- Make 5 to 6 inch circles using a lid of some sort.
- Fill with a 1 tbsp of pie filling.
- Press it together. Brush with butter.
Wham Bam, thank you Ma’am!
Let’s get this fruit hand pies recipe rollin’…Print
Fruit Hand pies made with just 3 ingredients! Gluten free, easy, real food based.
- [url] 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Pie Crust ∞https://www.cottercrunch.com/3-ingredient-gluten-free-pie-crust/[/url] one batch using half a loaf of gluten free bread See notes for substitutes
- 8 –10 ounces organic fruit pie filling (I used non-gmo Apple Pie filing with cinnamon and nutmeg)
- butter or melted coconut oil/vegan butter for brushing
- optional ingredients (see notes)
- First make sure you have your gluten free pie crust dough ready. It’s super EASY! Chill dough in fridge if you have time. About one hour.
- Next roll out the down using a rolling pin and parchment paper between the dough and rolling pin. Or sprinkle with gluten free flour so it doesn’t stick.
- Once you get it flat, about 1/4 to 1/8 inch, cut the dough in 5 to 6 inch circles. You can use a lid from a pan or tupperware lid. Do this to make about 4-5 circles.
- Place 1 tbsp or so of fruit pie filling in the center.
- Gently fold dough in half to seal the pie. Press ends together then prick edges with a fork. Place on baking tray.
- Brush each pie with little bit of melted butter or coconut oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve right away or cover in plastic (once cooled) and keep in fridge.
- Reheat in microwave before serving.
- If you want to double recipe be sure to make two batch of the gluten free pie crust dough, then combine the two. Best to use gluten free white bread
- If you have no time to make the dough, trying buying the pre-made gluten free dough at the store and rolling it out VERY thin. I know whole foods carries a few gluten free pre-made dough brands in the freezer section.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 hand pie
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 269.5mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: hand pies, fruit hand pies, gluten free desserts, kid friendly desserts
I know I mentioned this before, but here goes again. My disclaimer. I am not a Martha Stewart. I am no Julia Child. I will never be because I have no desire to be.
I AM however here to help EASE the whole gluten free baking thing. Those tough dilemmas. You know what I am talking about. We all need short cuts in life. The ones that help relieve time or mental space.
So there you go! Fruit hand pies to the rescue. Be sure to share with Santa. Ok?
Ps Be prepared for January, the return of nerdy nutrition talk and all the vegetables. Oh you will love it. Mahahahaha!
Favorite fruit hand pie filling? And go!
Have a wonderful weekend and Christmas Y’all!